Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Bold 9900/Z10 Special Edition
My Carrier: Rogers

BlackBerry 10 Wifi Calling (JIRA New Feature Request)

[ Edited ]

Hey guys/gals I'd really like anyone who can sign into the blackberry.com/jira website to help me out and potentially help yourself out!

I've made a New Feature Request for Wifi Calling in BlackBerry 10 (Something I rely on 100% 24/7 on my 9900, but absent from my Z10 and Dev Alpha C) The New Feature Request is here - https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/BBTEN-1150

I'd really appreciate everybody's help in pushing this feature into BB10, all you need to do is vote for it in the Issue Tracker.

Here are the details:

This is a very well used feature so much so, it is promoted by Rogers as a selling Point. I have been a long time Rogers BlackBerry User (with a collection of 15 BBs) and now I live in a very Remote town in British Columbia where there is no Rogers service, but I'm lucky on one hand because I have a 9900 which has Wifi Calling built in which enables me to stay with a mobile phone company which I have been with for 10 years, and it lets me enjoy having the only phone that matters...My BlackBerry. I was a part of the BlackBerry Dev Alpha A program, and now have a BlackBerry Z10 Special Edition for my contributions, as well as a BlackBerry Dev Alpha C for development purposes, neither of which are of ANY USE to me without having Wifi Calling. I run my business using my BlackBerry, and it is very important that I use my new BlackBerry Z10 and Dev Alpha C as so my potential clients know how great BlackBerry 10 is and so I can demonstrate my apps to them, but I cannot do any of this and I will not be making as many apps because I have no way to use my phones without Wifi Calling.

Use Cases:

My Home Office, My place of Employment, my friends house, my favourite coffee shop (the only one in town) and even the grocery store all have Wifi, and I can happily use my BlackBerry 9900 on these using Wifi Calling (in the town with no Rogers) and get all of my Paid-for Rogers Services such as Text messaging, MMS, BBM, Web Browsing, Phone calling, and because its using wifi I can even make BBM Video Calls, but I cannot do any of these with my Z10 or Dev Alpha C.

Notes: I must not be the only person in this situation, and even if I am, is one loyal customer using this very important functionality too little of a reason to add it to the operating system?

Very specifically, this is what I am talking about:

Wifi Calling

PLEASE Note that I am over 100km from the nearest Rogers Service, and that Everything I do with my BlackBerry relies upon this feature. -I do know I can use BBM Voice and BBM Video but that is Different

PLEASE also Note the following Rogers Service which allows me to do this, and that there is a very distinct purpose: Rogers Wi-Fi Calling

I'll give likes/kudos for your support! Smiley Happy

CEO/Lead Developer - Tensioncore™ Design Studios
http://tncr.ws/ - ShortenThis!™ for Blackberry Playbook | ShortenThis!™ for BlackBerry® 10
The Periodical Toe A highly informative Table of Elements
DrawThis! A fun drawing app for the BlackBerry® PlayBook™!
http://www.tensioncore.com/ - Tensioncore™ Web Hosting