Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Q10SQN100-3/10.1.0.4633
My Carrier: Proximus BE
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Balance in Search: "mail <contact>" action defaults to Work on Personal device

[ Edited ]

Since the latest SW update on my Q10, the Search action "mail <contact>" for any contact gives me a Compose Window without from- e-mail account option, sending or saving the composed mail is also impossible.

The icon next to the action that I can select after typing for example "mail Bart" is half Briefcase, half contact picture (or orange envelope), which leads me to think the SW somehow tries mailing this person with 'Work e-mail'.
Thing is: I am not connected to any BES, so there is no work e-mail account configured. This can explain the above issue.

Can anyone reproduce this behavior?

I can still e-mail my contacts by first typing a name and then selecting an e-mail address, but the Search action doesn't work as it should.

New Contributor

Re: BlackBerry Balance in Search: "mail <contact>" action defaults to Work on Personal device

Q10SQN100-3/10.1.0.4633 Screenshot

New Contributor

Re: BlackBerry Balance in Search: "mail <contact>" action defaults to Work on Personal device

[ Edited ]

Issue fixed after Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1047 update and secure device wipe. Thanks for this update, hope my device will not end up in that state again.

Cheers!