Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: ICE

Re: BlackBerry Z10 Camera not working ... problem

Hello. I have the same problem as many users.  I bought my z10 in Costa Rica. After three weeks camera worked fine but all of the sudden it throw me an error message saying that camera can't be started.  I did a security wipe,  pull of the battery and restart the phone with no luck.  Then error changes to camera is in use.  Close any application using it and try again.  It seems that it is a well known issue and it looks it software issue.  All phones all around the world with the same issue mmm not good for BlackBerry.  There's nothing we can do,  just wait for an update. 

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: BlackBerry Z10 Camera not working ... Problem

Hi Guys,

The latest update from me is that I did manage to send my Z10 back to Dubai ...

thanks to a friend of mine, who happened to travell ...

and the Company took it for repair and told me to come after a Month ... Gosh ... can you believe that ...

I can't imagine and understand how they would need a month to fix a problem ... to me this only tells how many number of Faulty sets they have in the pipe line.

Well, the good news is that after a month I did manage to get my phone back and receipt said that they replaced the camera and now the camera is working fine.

What I understand from my problem and also after reading posts of all the freinds here is that, the only solution is to get the phone replaced or repaired by BlackBerry service centre. There is no software solution for a Hardware Problem.

All in all I was not able to enjoy my phone for 6 months but now I am loving it.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10 STL100-1
My Carrier: mtn

I'm having similar problems but in my case I get the 'camera won't start' message and all my videos won't play too. I don't know how one is supposed to use a phone without camera and can't watch even my videos anymore. Any help please.
New Contributor
My Carrier: Mobile Store

Hi there,

If you think your camera needs to be replaced contact me. I have a Z10 with dead mother board. So I can give you the parts for a lesser price than . I live in Mumbai India.

Regards,

Abhishek.

atsam2000@gmail.com

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

Happened to me once.  It started when I disabled the camera function on one of the other apps.   Once I enabled it, the camera worked fine.   Go through all the apps with camera function and enable it....that should resolve the problem.

Contributor
My Carrier: reliance

I am also facing same problem first time when start camera it show camera is in use close any application using it and try again. And second time when I open camera it shows camera cant be start. Can u tell me how to disable the camera
New Contributor

There seems to be no specific solution.

You can 1st try all the software options and the Hard Reset and pulling out the battery as suggested in my earlier posts and if you still don't get success then you can do what I had to do at last.

Take your phone to the service center and ask them to change the camera! If its in warranty then they will do it for free but will take at least 3-4 days.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL-100-2
My Carrier: Klarmobil

What does the BlackBerry Virtual Expert says? It's a default app checking the hardware.
Contributor
My Carrier: reliance

BlackBerry virtual expert says "the camera and flash light is on use.......and result is fail
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL-100-2
My Carrier: Klarmobil

Can you try BBVE right after restarting your device, please?