Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry mobile interference

I currently use a BlackBerry Bold 9780 and I plan to upgrade soon to the Z10 or Q10.. When Im at work many people use headsets to talk with clients and they get a lot of intereference from my phone, its worse when Im receiving a call, message or loading from the internet..

Does anyone know how I can stop this?

and will it be an issue with the new BB 10?

Thanks in advance

New Contributor

Re: BlackBerry mobile interference

anyone? Smiley Sad
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook

All you can do is try it with the Z10. Your old phone may have been spewing emissions where it shouldn't have.

The RF filters an antennas on the Z10 will no doubt be better than designs from 2,3,4 years ago.

New Contributor

I'm not going to sign a 24month contract to just 'test' to see if it has terrible interference..

Guess I won't be getting a new BlackBerry then, another loyal customer switched away like so many others.

Shame couldn't get an official response from a BB representative.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Given that there are no reports of any similar problem, You probably don't have to worry.

Most providers have at least a 7-day return policy. Just confirm it before you sign on the dotted line.

New Contributor

Understood.

I was hoping I could get some comments/feedback from some Z10 owners on this forum... Hopefully they'll come forward!

Any comments/feedback would be much appreciated Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Fido

The lack of comments should actually be a good sign for you - meaning no one is experiencing that or has no idea idea what your talking about. Frankly I haven't heard of that one in over 10 years - different times different frequencies. And yes usually under 7 days and 30 minutes of talktime you can return the phone but of course confirm with your carrier. Good luck