Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: Telstra Australia

Blackberry 10.1 MR- Sounds like its a problem more than a improvement!!!

The more I read on this MR, the more concerned I am in allowing it to download my Z10.

• Taking 18 hours to dowload and update???
  • Losing SMS ??
  • Emails taking days to sync up??
  • Battery life shot to hell ??
  • and other issues, problems, failures ???!!!!?????

I am in Australia and with Telstra who as yet hasn't released it, I frankly dont know that I want it.

Seriously this sounds flawed and Blackberry who are trying to claw back their credibility, needs to reassure and do so quickly..

Regular Contributor
My Device: Passport SQW100-3 • Z10 STL100-3 • PlayBook 32G
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry 10.1 MR- Sounds like its a problem more than a improvement!!!

Curious, is it OS version 10.1.0.4633 (Release 10.1.0.4151) that you're having problems with ?? If yes, I've been running it successfully for the past week without any incidents. Hope this encourages you to persist forward.

Contributor

We are still on 10.1.0.273,seriously behind and not sure what  os version Telstra has to send out. We apparenlty wont see the MR until 18 August 2013.

Regular Contributor

Actually you can download 10.1.0.4633 directly from these forums. Click on the link in General Forums: "Upgrading OS10 devices using Autoloader" and the entire simple to use process will be explained and once you're ready you simply download the appropriate OS version for your model of BlackBerry 10 device. Trust me, if I can do it anyone can !!
Contributor

I think I will get the old Torch 9860 out and charged up, Jusssssst in case!!! Its the 19th August 2013 the MR is released, my mistake.. 7 days, Hmmmmmm I will wait me thinks..Its my second z10 and the last one freaked out and died with the last update to .273, so Once bitten..

Regular Contributor

No worries, I understand...to each their own. I simply wanted to help you out by reassuring you that I'd been having great success since having upgraded to 10.1.0.4633 (MR) and that it was available as an official release from this website. Hang in there mate... Cheers !!
Contributor

I appreciate your input, thank you.Smiley Happy I am not just how much customisation goes on between telcos or its just tested with no changes. I got a suprise last night a update advice, the current os .273 is available for update.. What the!!!!!!!

Regular Contributor

Is that OS Release 10.1.0.273 ?? Never heard of it !! Exactly WTF !!
Highlighted
Contributor

Well, I am delighted to say I got an update, but had to change to Optus (another aussie telco) who have had no problem pushing out OTA updates.

I am on 10.1.0.4633, and its been very GOOD .

I changed because Telstra are too slack to keep to their promises in delivering OTA. and STILL have not pushed out the update. Over promise and under deliver. I guess they can do that being arrogant, but lets not get into that.

I had no problems so far, the battery life seems better, and signal for LTE is very good(Good on you Optus !!!!)