Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: VIPNET

Blackberry 10 disappointment / question

HI there,

For many years I am using different BlackBerry devices. I always found it best available business phone. My business demand from me hundred of emails which I need to be aware of on number of my business trips all around the world.

Occasionally I use some other staff, but e-mails are first purpose why I was using BB in first place. Whatever corner of the world I was BB was giving me my emails. Best of all!? all for same costs. 

Although BB never had fancy design, I started to like it. But when the BB 10 was announced I was completely trilled and excited, almost like child.

So, I waited long months that finally BB10 arrive. 

And it did today. So, when I went to buy it, cold shower waited me there, when they say I do not need to pay BB plan and accordingly additionally BB roaming plan. So, I have start asking questions.

To make story short. 

New BB 10 do not support BIS (only for BBM) and push mail is supported only for gmail etc. What about us who have different company emails!?

So, they told me I should pay now data plan and setup my BB connecting to net and check emails every 15 minutes. What about roaming!? I am travelling a lot

So, I turned back disappointed and not buy new BB10.

I am running a business. So, now I feel myself quite stupid or I miss something!?

How a company who was synonym for business phone and email phone, and stayed there for a years, decide to change that, drop that out and race with consumer product like iPhone and I do not know which other smart phone!?

I need my emails as they arrived. I need my emails wherever I go for the same price as before!?

The way I see it I do not have that anymore.

I was so disappointed and frustrated that I spend actually complete day searching for an answers.

I read everything about PUSH email, BIS etc..I learned today all this terms I didn't knew yesterday.

Some sites out there says BB10 is actually better than systems before. But I really do not see that. If my phone need to reconnect every 15 or more minutes to net to search for emails. If my emails in roaming will kill me!? That is not what I want. I actually find this outdated, not my old BB system.

Is there solution for people like me!? Who seek for best business, email phone wherever I am. Not fancy apps, etc etc.

What that means!? I should stay to old BB and in short period you will stop BIS at all.

I simply cannot believe that is possible. Or I am just too much frustrated and disappointed!?

Businesswise!

It is ridiculous. It is like you have Volvo cars who always stayed for safest cars. Do not have concurrence in its segment. Now Volvo starts to drop all safety features of and produce high end luxury cars, enters into Mercedes or BMW market. Lost battle!

In that case I will certainly go for BMW!

Tell me I am wrong. I do not understand it well!

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry 10 disappointment / question

Well, you are wrong. I run a business also, and the Z10 is working perfectly well for me to do so.

Very solid on email.

Push email is supported for IMAP email accounts which have Push enabled.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

What about email account without IMAP and push ability?

What about emails in roaming?

Do BB10 needs to setup to check email every 15 or more minutes?

Regards

What type of email account do you have?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

pardon my ignorance. I am simple naval architect not IT guy Smiley Happy

I belive it is POP3 

(If that is right answer)

OK, undestood, I am neither of those. Just a user.

POP email does not push instantly. I will tell you what another user here commented in another thread... any business now a days that is still on POP email is somewhat like using candles to light your offices. You need to be on IMAP.

Perhaps you can check and see what it would take to convert. In most cases, it should be simple.
And if you do, ASK if that IMAP has PUSH enabled.

Or in naval terms... like sticking with a sail as the lastest technology when steam propulsion is available.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

OK. Thanks  I will ask my IT guy

however, if i will have IMAP and PUSH enabled, how BB10  will get emails?

the way old BB get as they come, or BB10 need to log and look for new emails?

and last. as BIS is no longer available, my charges in roaming (when I am aboard) will depend on my data plan, which for roaming is very expensive?

mlorencin wrote:

however, if i will have IMAP and PUSH enabled, how BB10  will get emails?

the way old BB get as they come, or BB10 need to log and look for new emails?

It's via ActiveSync, but if push is enabled, it's instant. Fairly instant.

mlorencin wrote:

and last. as BIS is no longer available, my charges in roaming (when I am aboard) will depend on my data plan, which for roaming is very expensive?

Yes. And the Z10 consumes gobs of data.

Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor
My Device: BB10 With sadness
My Carrier: wataniya

No you are not !!

,Your option stay with your old phone.

Many of us having our own businesses are frustrated not only with the email issue but with sync issue

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB10 With sadness
My Carrier: wataniya

Just for your info BB plan will work with Z10 the only difference is that the speed for browsing will be slow I am still on my BB old plan and I refused to change.