Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: TMO

Blackberry Traffic for Blackberry 10 OS

I live in Los Angeles.  When using the freeway system here, many times there are three, even four, different freeways to take to get to one location.  Many times one freeway is jammed, and alternate routes are a must.  Blackberry Traffic would let you know which freeway to take to get to a location and how to get there the quickest, even adjusting traffic conditions and arrival times based on real-time traffic conditions, as you traveled.  It would show you all the different routes, color code the traffic speed/conditions along your route, and update by the minute.  For a 25 mile trip in Los Los Angeles, it could take you sometimes an hour or more, but with BB Traffic, you could shave off 15 minutes from your trip.  This app was indispensable as a commuter in Los Angeles.   

Now, because my company changed email servers, I have to upgrade from by Bold 9900 (which has BB Traffic) to a Z10 to be able to get the Enterprise email service on my phone.  But, no BB Traffic - very disappointing.  And I agree with those in other forums who point out that you cannot compare a mapping program with BB Traffic - there is no comparison; it's like apples to oranges.  The Blackberry Traffic app is far more feature-rich than Blackberry Maps when it comes to the traffic features.  The "traffic" feature in Blackberry Maps is NOT the same as Blackberry Traffic - please do not try to insult us by telling us it is. 

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Traffic for Blackberry 10 OS

hotdjdave, no one is insulting you, I don't see how anyone is.

For what it's worth, I've heard more of the BlackBerry Traffic features are coming to BBMaps.

I don't know when.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: TMO

[ Edited ]

@JSanders,

Thanks for the info - we shall see when it happens.  To be honest, I wish they would just make the old Blackberry Traffic app available for Blackberry 10 OS phones. 

The "inuslting" comment is for the developers (and others) who try to make us believe that Blackberry Traffic is built into Blackberry Maps.  There may be a "traffic" feature in Blackberry Maps, but it is not Blackberry Traffic by any means.

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Ok. I didn't know some developer(s) were trying to make you believe something.

I wish they'd bring Traffic to BB10 also, or just incorporate it fully into Maps.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code