Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Blackberry Z10 10.1.0.2312, update is heating up phone, draining battery, freezing phone (T-Mobile UK)

Hi guys I have a big problem.. I have the Blackberry Z10 on T-Mobile in the UK and on 18th July I received the notification on the phone that a new OS update was available and to download it. My original OS was 10.0.10.90 and the update was to 10.1.0.2312. On 27th July I downloaded via home wifi directly to the phone.

Almost immediately after downloading it, my phone began having major problems! The battery drains incredibly quickly, it is constantly warm and the phone is slow and extremely unresponsive. All of those things seem to point to the phone constantly processing some task, which is making it so slow and draining the battery. It takes up 20 seconds to simply open a text message!

I contacted T-Mobile, they said to do a reload, then a security wipe and if that did not work to bring it in and they will repair or replace as its still under warranty. The only issue is that takes up to fourteen days and I cant be without my phone at this busy time for that long. (the replacement phone they give is a basic call/text thing)

I done the reload, and security wipe, but the problem continues!!!!

So… any ideas on how to tackle this?

Is there a way I can rollback and redownload/install the previous operating system version?

Thanks in advance guys!

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Blackberry Z10 10.1.0.2312, update is heating up phone, draining battery, freezing phone (T-Mobile UK)

Good day

Welcome to BB forums

Here is the info your looking for below! 

How to Reload your Blackberry10 OS

Good Luck!

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Re: Blackberry Z10 10.1.0.2312, update is heating up phone, draining battery, freezing phone (T-Mobile UK)

Hey Rob, many thanks but i tried reloading... Twice. And still same issues! Smiley Sad it must be that particular update and simply reinstalling it isnt helping unfortunately..
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Maxis

hi,

good day,

i have face the same problem, and me  also follow yourr instrruction to do all the step, but my device still easyly get heat. m current OS is 10.1.0.273