Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Blackberry Z10 Multimedia Dock

Hi All

I came across the following post:

http://n4bb.com/hands-blackberry-z10-multimedia-dock/

It looks to be a fantastic device but nobody seems to know if and when it is actually going to be released. Would anybody from Blackberry be able to shed some light on this? The Z10 was released some time ago so there should already be one of these available.

I mean I'm planning on getting my Z10 in a few weeks' time and it looks like I might have to just get a USB dock and modify it for the Micro HDMI which honestly, I would prefer to not have to do.

An OEM Multimedia Dock would be the best thing since sliced bread, I can just connect it all up to my TV and use my bluetooth mouse and keyboard and do all I want from there.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to do that with the modified one but I would just prefer an OEM one!

Please get back to me as soon as possible, Blackberry Support.

Regards

Tyrone

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Blackberry Z10 Multimedia Dock

hello Tyrone,

first, this is not the BlackBerry Support. This is a community forum, and we do support as much as we can. But in the end we are just BlackBerry owners like you.

Now, to answer your question, I only have a rumor, that says that that BlackBerry dock will not be released before the Z10 has a full landscape mode (meaning at least for the ActiveFrames and the apps icons).

That being said:
1) I don't know how true this rumor is, but I find it logical.
2) I also don't know when that landscape mode will be available for the Z10, but it seems it will not be available in OS 10.2 which should come in aug/sept.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

Hey Xandrex,

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't notified so I just figured nobody had responded yet.

I was obviously mislead by the http://supportforums.blackberry.com URL.

Yeah it makes sense that they will wait to fix that.

Well I will test out the 10.2 beta and see what's in that (I know I'm not supposed to and it isn't supported but I'm a big boy who can take responsibility for his actions. :-) )

Either way, I hope the 10.2 is released before my device arrives, also that I can get the STL100-2.

So thanks for your response anyway. It will be really nice to get the dock and be able to use it nicely.

I think it will work better than for instance, the Dock for the Samsung S4 because that is EITHER a Data Sync dock on an MHL for HDMI dock; can't be both...

Maybe I'm just overly excited by it...or just crazy. :-)

Developer

Right now home screen doesn't rotate when in cradle.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Contributor

Word from a developer is always appreciated, thanks Soaman!

Yeah, I figured it was because of that.

Full OS Landsape support will be awesome because sometimes the gestures get confusing in landscape mode. Especially out of the Hub.