Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: +Movil

Blackberry Z10

hi
i just got a new z10 on monday,have always been using a blackberry and always changing to the new release ones.

found few things that does not exist on the Z10

1) Profile Updtes On BBM...You cant stop or clear incoming updates of your BBM contact profiles,in the previous you can stop incoming updates you can also delete or clear updates and you can also set how many number of updates you can see.

2) Tones...In the previous blackberries you can set each tones for each of your email, example if you have 4 email addresses connected to your blackberry and you want different tones for your individual email to sound different from each other, you cant do it on Z1o but you can do it on all your previous devices.

3) Individual contact ringtone volumes,on the previous blackberry,we could set our desire volume for the particular contact, or even set it to silent.

Thank You

NJ 

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Z10

nareshjaswani wrote:

2) Tones...In the previous blackberries you can set each tones for each of your email, example if you have 4 email addresses connected to your blackberry and you want different tones for your individual email to sound different from each other, you cant do it on Z1o but you can do it on all your previous devices.

This has been updated and added to OS 10.1

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

i have tried to update ant it cant, it keeps on saying that i already have the latest version software on my blackberry.the current version that i am running in is 10.0.10.99

please need help,

thank you
NJ
Highlighted
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

The 10.1 update will come when BlackBerry has released it and your mobile provider as tested and pushed it to your device.

There is a leak floating around other forums...

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

found new problems on the Z10

1) when ever we save a new contact it will directly get saved on the sim card not on the phone,nor it has an option to choose or change this option save on sim or save on device.so everytime you add a new contacts on your contacts or address book you have to go to the setting and choose move all contacts from sim to phone

2) when sending an email and if you attach a picture it does not ask you if you want the attachment to be its original size or a lower resolution like it always did on the previous devices of blackberry

3) i had a problem yesterday i have 4 email addresses on my blackberry Z10,something happened to the phone went off and came back on and i found all call logs got deleted and also all emails from all my mail boxes got deleted,then i went to my email directly from my laptop to yahoo.com and hotmail.com and gmail.com and found all my email from the 24april till yesterday 24 may have all been deleated.this was very disturbing to me and was shocked to see this.

Contributor

another bug found on Z10

when ever you type a message on BBM or Whatsapp or even an email.you cant move or go to a next line or to a new paragraph.the option is not available like it was on other previous devices.

only with a push of SHIFT AND THE ENTER ARROW you can go to a next line or next paragraph.

please software developers do something to the new Blackberry 10 software platform or etc what ever you call it

I LOVE BlackBerry

thank you

NJ

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

nareshjaswani wrote:

2) when sending an email and if you attach a picture it does not ask you if you want the attachment to be its original size or a lower resolution like it always did on the previous devices of blackberry

hello nareshjaswani,

this is not a problem, it is a decision made by BlackBerry, and I am very happy with it.

In the past, that question was always something that slowed me so much.

When you are on a computer and send a picture, you don't expect the computer to ask if you want to shrink it.

If you wish to send a smaller picture, you can go in the Photo editor on your Z10, make a smaller copy, and email it from the Photo editor app.

nareshjaswani wrote:

3) i had a problem yesterday i have 4 email addresses on my blackberry Z10,something happened to the phone went off and came back on and i found all call logs got deleted and also all emails from all my mail boxes got deleted,then i went to my email directly from my laptop to yahoo.com and hotmail.com and gmail.com and found all my email from the 24april till yesterday 24 may have all been deleated.this was very disturbing to me and was shocked to see this.

I don't know what the issue is. Did you put your Z10 in your pocket?

there is a gesture, that allows you to touch & maintain a date, and then delete all messages prior to that date. Maybe this is what happened while the phone was in a pocket or a purse.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

nareshjaswani wrote:

another bug found on Z10

when ever you type a message on BBM or Whatsapp or even an email.you cant move or go to a next line or to a new paragraph.the option is not available like it was on other previous devices.

only with a push of SHIFT AND THE ENTER ARROW you can go to a next line or next paragraph.

hello again,

I will rephrase what you are saying.

on a Q10, when in an instant messenger app like BBM or WhatsApp:

• hitting Enter will send the message
  • hitting Shift-Enter will add a carriage return

This is not a problem, this is the way it works now for the Q10 and the Q5. You will have to get used to this.

This is in contrast with the Z10, when you are not able at all to add a carriage return.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

i never kept the phone in my pocket,it was in my hand when it suddenly switched off and deleted all my emails and call log.but the wierdest thing is how did it get deleted even from my email server of yahoo hotmailand gmail.

Contributor

Hi 

I am very happy today after my upgrade of my Z10 with the latest os which is 10.1.0.273. 

Is this 10.1.273 the latest os ?

All my problems have been solved that i was having from day one i bought my Z10.

The only problem that i am facing which has not been solved till today are the below,hope this problem gets solved in the next update. 

- When attaching a picture on the email we cant change or edit the size of the picture before sending.

- While using Whats-App or BBM,if we want go to a next line or a new paragraph the ENTER button is not available as how it used to be in the old blackberry devices with a push of a button of SHIFT + ENTER it would move to then next line or make a new paragraph.

i hope this problem also gets resolved by BlackBerry ASAP,keeping in mind its a new device and people are getting used to this device.

i work in a store that sells cellular phones,and we are selling a good volume of the Z10.

Thank You

NJ