Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Bluetooth devices state they are disabled since upgrade to 10.2.1.537

My replacement Verizon Z10 handset arrived today.  It's still running 10.1.0.2039 and so I've skipped installing 10.2.  My BT pariing now works fine.  I will now await a new OS release from BB before again attempting the upgrade.

New Contributor
My Carrier: O2

Very wise Christopher! Steer well clear of the 10.2.1.537 software release. I guess what disappoints me is that after several weeks Bluetooth still isn't working and I haven't see any communication from Blackberry that confirms they recognise there is a problem and give a likely time that it is going to be fixed. Blackberry are completely anonymous in all of this leaving customers like us in the dark with the only source of information being other customers who are struggling with a similar problem! If Blackberry ever reads any of this stuff on its support forums, why doesn't someone from the company post a message to update everyone who has been affected and give some indication that the problem is recognised and is being dealt with urgently?

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

My minor issues wtih Exchange and the music player have also disappeared now that I'm using the older OS (10.1.0.2039).

New Contributor

Christopher, I followed your lead and got my network provider to supply a replacement phone with the old software (10.2.0.424) installed and on setting-up the phone I REFUSED the software upgrade to 10.2.1.537. LIke you I found, the phone then worked perfectly with my car bluetooth system meaning that it must be the software release 10.2.1.537 that is the problem here.

So come on Blackberry, surely it doesn't take this long to fix such a simple problem especially not when your reputation for reliability and good customer service is on the line. The network providers supplying your phones must be pretty annoyed that it is your software causing all these problems for their customers.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

There is already another update, but I don't know if it fixes this particular problem. Even if it did it take months for the carriers to test and release to you. It's very possible by has already fixed it but your carrier hasn't released it to you. So, while BlackBerry probably broke it in the update the delay in the fix may not be their fault.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Follow-up...

After using the older OS release for a couple of weeks (with pairing working reliably) on the replacment phone, I upgraded to 537 by connecting the z10 to my PC and pushing an update using BB Link.  That upgrade was successful and BT pairing continues to work.  My Exchange issues did not resurface; so, I'm good on that count too.  The music player in 537 refuses to read ID3 tags, but I can live with that issue.

The oddity with this approach is that the z10 itself still tells me that it's not running the most current software; but, the z10's "About" listing shows the most recent version number.  I am refusing the z10's request to upgrade.  In any case, I'm now happy to be on 537.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Passport
My Carrier: AT&T

Following the steps below worked for me to establish a perfect connection between my Z10 (STL100-3) on ATT using OS 10.2.1.2141 and my 2012 ML350.

1. Delete the Blackberry profile from the MB Comand center and the MB Bluetooth profile from your Blackberry handset – reset your Comand (keep pressing the Volume button, until it reboots and restart your phone (keep pressing the volume up and down buttons together until the screen goes blank – yes, it makes a free screenshot as well)

2. Create a new pairing (accept codes in handset and in Comand) and answer the popup question in your handset (that you trust the MB Comand or something like that).

3. IMPORTANT: After the pairing is made and the handset asks to select the car maker (Mercedes, Smart or Maybach), just select "Ask later"
    Check the MB Bluetooth profile by keep pressing it until the options come up on the right side.  Select the 4 transverse bars (properties) and make sure that the option of hands-free was there  and it is ON.

4. At this point I was able to make calls, and the phone reconnected even after the engine and the Comand were completely shut down. After each reconnection the "Car selection" screen kept popping up and the second time I tested I made the daring move and selected Mercedes. The connection works flawlessly since then.

Apparently, the initial connection is a generic one (although, the Mercedes emblem appears on the connection) and after we select the maker "Mercedes" some specific settings are activated. This is the point where a glitch occurred since OS 10.2.1.1055, where I first encountered the problem. And this is why most people don't experience the issue, because it is specific to MB and a few other maker settings.

I hope the guys at Blackberry follow this post and this will help with fixing the problem.

New Contributor

Those of us having connection problems with 10.2.1 are unable to establish an initial connect (not even a generic one); so, the solution that worked for you isn't an option for us.  In my case, I've managed to finally get to 10.2.1 (see above); but, for others this hasn't been an option.

New Contributor

Upgraded to 10.2.1.2012 but still the same problem. Thankfully I now have an older Z10 handset running a previous software version: 10.2.0.424 and it is working perfectly. I will ignore all suggestions to upgrade until BB indicate that the problem is fixed.