Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Bluetooth disabled after OS update

All done. device just restarted so I will give it some time to re-sync., then I will try re-pairing to my car.
It is showing 10.2.1.2156 as the release, however, the model # still shows as SQN100-2.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

The model number won't change. It's still the same phone.

The Mercedes issue is that it will pair ok but the subsequent pairings don't work. You have to re-pair it from scratch again. Frustrating, I'm sure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

No good.
I was able to make one call but after approx 5 minutes, the connection dropped.
My Q10 behaves oddly during pairing. It will blink and, while in the Bluetooth screen, appears as though it is trying to display another screen.
According to MB, the approved software for my phone is 10.1.0.2038 (Verizon) 10.1.0.1720 (TMobile). My car is an 09 so I imagine several updates have been made. The previous software, prior to the update on March 20, worked very well. Stable and in wide areas.
I'd like to go back to that. I had no issues and I really liked the phone. Now I can no longer rely on it.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

That gets a little tricky. You can easily downgrade the device using what we call an autoloader. However, you cannot restore a backup from a newer OS to an older OS. That's not a big deal if all your contacts and calendar and tasks are sync'd to an email account. However, if you use Password Keeper or anything in Remember then you will lose that as it can't be restored to the older OS (unless you have a backup file created earlier with an OS that is older or the same as the one you want to downgrade to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Understood.
I plan on returning this phone under the warranty.
It doesn't work and if the new one is no different, then I've lost nothing.
Guru II

I would certainly contact Verizon too. The more reports they get that get escalated to BlackBerry the faster there will be a fix.

Contributor

I have a new device on its way. My carrier is going to raise this with Blackberry, especially if the new device does not resolve this issue.
I am not optimistic it will since is will most likely have the latest buggy OS update.
Guru II

It only depends on the OS on the device, not the device itself. If the new device still has the old OS it will work. However, you won't be able to restore data backed up by the newer OS in your current device. Essentially, the new device won't help anything. You can revert the current device to the old OS and be in the same boat, e.g. it will work. If the new device comes already updated to the new OS you'll have the same problem.

Guru II

You can load an old OS on the device in a matter of a few minutes.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Upgrading-OS10-devices-using...

Contributor

Status update:
Ok, new Q10 arrived today. After activation I transferred my calendar and contacts, set up email accounts, etc.
Blackberry Link shows the device software at 10.1.0.4189. (current available software is 10.2.1.2122). IMPORTANT: I chose not to update at this time.
After activation, I paired the device with my 2009 Mercedes with no problem. Took a total of 10 seconds. I then shut the car down, left it, took my device and returned 90 minutes later. Got in the car and the Bluetooth pair restored within 5 seconds.
The issue is, without a doubt, the Blackberry software update.
What I did today with my new device, is not much of a beta test and I may find I still have an issue. I'll deal with that then. In the meantime, I will fight off any Blackberry software update like my life depended on it.
Thank you, John Clark, for you assistance in resolving this.
RIM needs to provide the solution to this problem.