Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Bluetooth issues after 10.2.1 update

aboxoflogic:

Hope following helps.

With Ignition on and pairing made:  turning bluetooth off for 5 minutes on dervice, then back on, the pairing is re-stablished

When pairing is made, on my Z10 under Bluetooth/MB Bluetooth/Dvice Details:  Handsfree Calling is ON and shows Connected

Contributor
My Device: Q10 and 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobil

I have the same problem with my 2010 ML. Right after the update, I have to delete the profile on the phone and de-authorise on the car, then do the setup as if it's a new setup. They had better fix it fast this will be the final nail in BB's preverbial coffin, as far as I'm concerned...
Contributor

Nothing is working. I have to delete the device from the car and phone every time I start a drive.

I demand some kind of response from someone at this ridiculous firm.
My Device: Q10 SQN100-2
My Carrier: Verizon

Bluetooth issues after 10.2.1 update - Possible work around

I had similar issues after upgrading my Q10 to 10.2.1.2122 downloaded from BlackBerry.

Verizon is my carrier.

After the update I had to delete all the bluetooth pairings from the phone.

Then I paired it with a 2014 Mercedes.

Paired, worked, and reconnected.

Second 2014 Mercedes...

Paired, worked, but won't reconnect.

After trying many combinations, I discovered that the the Blutooth pairing profile display name ,must be "MB Bluetooth" for it to reconnect.

If you have a second Mercedes to pair with, you can rename the profile from "MB Bluetooth(1)" to "MB Bluetooth" and it will work properly.

If you edit the "MB Bluetooth" display name to anything else it fails.

Apparantly you can have more than one pairing with the same name.

Contributor
My Device: Z10 and PlayBook (sadly)
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Bluetooth issues after 10.2.1 update - Possible work around

My car is a 2009 E320 and I have the COMAND NTG 2.5 in it.  The COMAND unit is about a year old as it was exchanged under warranty.  I had absolutely no issues with my Z10 and this unit until the updates started to appear.  Like others in this thread, I can get them to pair by wiping the profiles on both ends and reconnecting as new.  And it functions properly.  But once they are disconnected, no luck reconnecting.

I've seen the flashing screen go by that has been mentioned and I think there is a hint in that.  I'm 90% sure the screen is the customization screen that comes up during the pairing that asks whether you're connecting a Mercedes, Maybach or SMART to the phone.  I've played with my answer to this question, defering it, answering 'Mercedes' and also 'Not my car'.  Same result in all cases.

I've also been into the engineering menu (it's 'hang-up', '*' and '6' pressed for about 5 seconds) and note that there seems to be two bluetooth... I'll say 'devices' for lack of a better word... that appear in the menu system.  One is the bluetooth itself which indicates a MAC address that the Z10 sees during the pairing.  The other is the 'BTPC' which I think stands for BlueTooth Phone Connector... it shows a MAC of all zeros... 00:00:00:00:00:00  AND... gives you a screen to manually enter the MAC address for it!  This suggests to me that the BTPC is software rather than hardware, because MAC is supposed to be like a fingerprint - no duplicates... EVER!  What it's supposed to do I really don't know and whether it has any bearing on the problem I don't know either.  I do notice that when I scan for new devices from the COMAND screen, it lists the 00:00...:00 MAC as well as my phone as 'found devices'.

I recall seeing a change on my phone after one of the updates *before* things quit working that showed the MB star on the phone screen when connected.  I don't recall every being asked what car I had, so somewhere along the line an update figured it out for me.  And now that the update that broke things is asking me for the specific car brand (Mercedes, Maybach or SMART) I have to wonder if that part of the software update is responsible for the problem.  Nothing changed with the firmware in my car, so what else could it be?

Like others, my frustration is at the boiling point.  Having a non-functional bluetooth connection in the year 2014 is simply not acceptable.  It needs to get fixed, like yesterday.

New Contributor
My Device: Q10

This is neither a provider nor a Mercedes fix. The problem is that of BlackBerry. BlackBerry management and engineers must know about this issue since the update but have said or done nothing to address the problem. Although I have had many previous BB's, I am now going to address this with the loss of my further business. I suggest that others do the same. The company simply does not care and is unworthy of our business. So, to John Chen and his private jet from Silicon Valley to Waterloo, adios. You obviously don't care about your consumers.
Contributor

I agree fully. Isn't it great that they have a support forum where nobody from the company actually reviews the threads? They just presume that if enough people talk about it a solution will be found or that people will just give up. Ridiculous. The second Apple makes a physical keyboard. I will take great pleasure in returning this POS from a POS firm.
Contributor

Oh, it absolutely IS the problem of Blackberry and NOT Mercedes or any of the carriers!  It worked just fine before the updates and doesn't after the updates, so the math isn't too hard to follow.

There is a bug in the list that pretty much admits the issue, but of course, it hasn't been fixed.  I find it completely unacceptable, and even insulting to the end users, that something as simple but important as bluetooth be broken like this.  Perhaps Mercedes does something a little different with their bluetooth - who knows - but it all worked before and now it doesn't.  It doesn't make me want to trade my Benz, but my Z10 on the other hand... if I wasn't stuck in a contract I'd probably be gone by now.  

I'm left with the distinct impression that the company can't find it's a$$ with either hand.  If they're hoping to hold onto the business user at the expense of the high school kid, that's fine, but they should probably recognize that more business users drive Mercedes than do high school kids.  Again, pretty simple math.

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

I started this thread weeks ago. I don't have a Mercedes and don't know why this became a Mercedes issue at any point. Never was.  

Anyone know how to turn off notifications on this thread?  Tired of getting the emails!

Contributor

Ummm, I'd probably start in 'My Settings' and 'Subscriptions and Notifications'...