Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Bluetooth on Blackberry Z10

scopewizard wrote:

Z10 is Bluetooth 4.0 (LE)  - low emission which means low power

FYI, the "low emission" refers to the cellular network (4G/CDMA), not other antennas like BlueTooth or Wifi.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Torch 9860

Protocol Bluetooth on Blackberry Z10

Hello,

SAP or rSAP protocol is the same, so the problem is not there. I do not understand why BlackBerry does not update the Bluetooth specification Z10 simply. This protocol was invented by Sony and Nonia, there are very many years, and so far this is the best when it comes to tréléphoner car. If this situation is not resolved quickly, Blackberry should expect to lose a lot of its customers in any case all dond the vehicle is equipped with this technology SAP (SIM Access Profile), which means all German brand vehicles, Mercedes, Audi, Bmw, Wolksvagen, Seat, etc. ..

If someone has the ability to attach Backberry the phone, and he can clarify this situation, it will be really special and we can finally make a decision.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Xandrex,

I should have call that "low energy"

If I remember right, distance is 50 versus 150.

check the specs

http://ca.blackberry.com/smartphones/blackberry-z10/specifications.html

Search Bluetooth 4.0 profiles on the web.

Guru I

scopewizard wrote:

Xandrex,

I should have call that "low energy"

If I remember right, distance is 50 versus 150.

check the specs

http://ca.blackberry.com/smartphones/blackberry-z10/specifications.html

Search Bluetooth 4.0 profiles on the web.

did you read on the BlueTooth 4.0 technology ? It is supposed to be able to reach other devices up to 50m, as opposed to only 30m for BlueTooth 2.1.

Besides, the low energy is just a tech that allows two modes:

the regular mode that is used for BlueTooth 2.1 (in which case it consumes more energy than the BlueTooth 2.1)

the burst mode that is supposed to bring the same network whality as the other mode, if applicable.

So no, being able to cope with BlueTooth 4 profiles does not mean the phone is weaker than if it only supported BlueTooth 2.1 profiles, which is what you implied in your other message.

I have yet to find a user who will be able to test his/her car with a BlackBerry 7 device and with a Z10, and say "it works with BlackBerry 7 but not with the Z10".

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I mostly agree with your comments but this is from the Bluetooth standard site. You are right, if it worked with BB 7 it will work with bb Z10.

Bluetooth wireless technology in its most common implementations has a range of 30 feet (10m). This range, depending on the Bluetooth device class, can extend to 100 meters and has been shown, in some tests, to support an even greater range

Regular Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Du

VW GTI MK6 bluetooth and z10 don't seem to like each other, it both systems see each others but it doesn't pair, car system says "Mobile Phone not Compatible", end of story
Guru I

hello amansour,

can you ask VW for a list of compatible phones, or at least system requirements that would make a phone compatible with that car model please?

New Contributor
My Device: Black berry z 10
My Carrier: Airtel

[ Edited ]

I had the bold 9700, and 9780- earlier versions working in SAP ( sim access profile) working perfect with my mercedez benz in car phone that supports SAP and this is a standard based protocol  , although BB Z10 says its support sap its very funny cant connect, 

Here were issues what i encounter - when  you choose the blue tooth function ( disable the MAP on the BB z10) and when the In car bluetooth gets activated in search mode and finds Blackberry 3393 press the # key and there you get a 16 digit password to be entered on the BB z 10 device, when you press the green ringer button on the car phone, the MB phone shows up on your BB z 10 and it asks you to enter the 16 digit password within 20 sec on the handset, and when done you need to get a accending tone, unfortunately the BB 10 when connected gets a decending tone and cannot connect, 

The is no compatibility issue on the in car mecedez as BB 9700, 9780 and nokia 61 etc all connect  on the SAP mode,its  the BB Z10 that is incompatible on the SAP that RIM must find a quick software update release and get this working, iam always available for any help or suggestion or let BB try this on my car, contact me on ravic@atrieindia.com, its so studip to invest in a new device that cant connect to your car.

Also the BB 10 cant support wep encryption on the wifi, we struggled with this for days and now changed the Wifi encription to wpa 2 on the wifi home router and can see this work ..

The Battery on BB z 10 sucks it take a long time to charge fully ( 4 hours min) and discharge gets over within 6 hours even when you updated the software and kept the brightness in min

Besides one more suggestion to RIM is keep the BIS ( black berry internet servoce) open to BB 10 users as optional if they wanted to keep the service going, as without BIS the Z10 is like any other cheap android phone for emails, and does lack teh apps available on the androids , BB will loose all its old customers and may gain a few first time BB users for sure.

There has been days of struggle withthe new devise also the camera was dead on arrival that now they replaced the device with a new one after a 24 hour wait, i all not very happy with the Z 10 and nowthinking to move back to the old BB 9900 which had terrible battery problems else 9700 which was their best release with BIS,

Regards

Ravichandran

Banbara wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. Yes actually ptrotocol SAP is what matches to SIM, but the correct name is SAP (Sim access profile). This protocol is the best as it is used in the car, because in this case, the phone is on standby in the car, and this is the installation of vehicle that takes over, with a primary benefit is the use of the antenna outside the vehicle.

Thank you for your help.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone Germany

Re: Bluetooth protocols

Hi, I also have an Audi A6 MY 2012 with MMI prof. (3G):

my Z10 only connects as "handsfree" but not as Carphone (=rSAP). So at the moment the Z10 does definitely NOT supports rSAP.

Hope BB will fix this soon....

New Contributor
My Device: Black berry z 10
My Carrier: Airtel

It's a pity blackberry still can't solve or release an updated software for the bb Z10 to support SAP (sim access profile) for the German cars Audi, Mercedes and BMW all of them support SAP and it's sad Z 10 specs said it can and now t cannot connect , the battery n the z 10 is terrible can't last for half a Day if you do emails etc.. Also the signal level is ood in the outdoor and indoor use , other hone connects and the z 10 seems le having an antenna gain problem amd shows out of covrage , And this terrible when you are out in the car and phone goes out of charge atleast in sap mode the battery is preserved quite a bit and uses the car powered antenna to get the signal boosted . is he any update when will black berry release The SAP update , if we don't see this solved there will be loads of sales return of the Z 10 soon cheers ...