Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Calendar Recent Invitee Short cuts 'Tags' not functioning

Since the most recent OS update (10.1.0.273, STL100-3, Rogers) I can no longer tap the most recent invited contacts to add to a new calendar appointment.  When I press a contact 'tag', they disappear and the Invite field resets with nothing in it.  I can only hit the '+' button in the lower right and then have to search for a contact to add.  The other functionality is so much more convenient but is lost!  Is this a known issue?  I have rebooted, but this has not corrected the problem.  Anybody?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Calendar Recent Invitee Short cuts 'Tags' not functioning

Hi mwineBB,

Are you choosing the contact from the calendar application?  Are you referring to the tags that appear when you click on the invite field?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

Hi, thanks for the response.  Yes, it was when I was in the Calendar application.

Contributor

And also referring to the Invite field.  Believe it or not, the functionality returned, and now the same issue is happening again.  I don't believe I did anything differently, nor did I reboot the phone.  It seems to me this a bug arising from the last OS update.

Another issue I've just realized is occurring is the lost of audible notifications in my Calendar.  Calendar doesn't even appear as an option in my Notifications Settings.  Am I missing something as this should be available shouldn't it?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

As contacts are associated with specific email accounts, due to the wireless synchronization, you won't be able to add certain contacts to calendar events made with a different calendar. 

For example:

Lets say I have an ActiveSync account and Calendar as well as a Gmail account and calendar on my BlackBerry Z10.  If I create a calendar entry using the ActiveSync Calendar, I will not be allowed to invite my Gmail contacts and Vice Versa.  This will affect the shortcut tags as well.  If a tag isn't associated with the account you are creating the calendar in, you won't be able to add it.

I hope that makes sense to you Smiley Happy

As for the notification issue, the calendar notifications appear as Reminders in the settings menu.

Thanks!

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

I think I get the Calendar contacts association issue and try to associate/share contacts with the appropriate calendar that this is happening with.

As for the audible notifications under Reminders, thanks.  I guess this also handles the Remember App reminders.