Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Camera Zoom and dark screen

Hi, if I am doing something wrong, tips are welcome here. I noticed on my new Z10 that when I zoom in to take a picture, the picture is really blurry. I've tried it in various light, used the stability option, etc. Also, sometimes, the flash options aren't available nor are are some of the settings, like Action and Night. I did a software upgrade to 10.0.0.116, and that didn't help. I restarted the phone and that didn't help. So far, the 3 megapixel camera on my old Torch runs circles around this camera that is 8 megapixels.

Also, I am wondering why we have a 1080 resolution on the rear camera, but I don't seem to be getting that quality, and we only have a 720 resolution screen. You'd think we'd have a screen to match the camera abilities.

Also, when using the picture selector in the Story Maker App, the screen goes so dark, I can barely see what I am picking.

I wasn't able to find any really details info about the camera functions other than basic "how to" on the site.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Camera Zoom and dark screen

Hey BBDunn,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Just to clarify the update you did was for 10.0.10.116 and not 10.0.0.116? When taking a picture on the BlackBerry Z10 if you hold the smartphone it will automatically focus.

Did you do the update through BlackBerry Link or over-the-air wirelessly?

I would highly suggest you create a backup of your data through BlackBerry Link (Device>Backup), then perform a security wipe by going to Settings>Security>Security Wipe.  

Then test the camera out prior to restoring any data.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Camera Zoom and dark screen

Thank you for the reply. Yes, it was 10.0.10.116. It was done over wi-fi at my home.  So, before I attempt a security wipe, why would I need to wipe out everything? Is there some other setting I can check somewhere before I do that? I just don't want to have to re-load everything if I can avoid it.