Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: simpati
Accepted Solution

Camera in Remember App greyed out

After the 10.2.1 update i cannot acces my camera right from the remember app. The symbol is just greyed out. Restart and battery pull did not help. Does anyone have the same problem and found a solution?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Camera in Remember App greyed out

Are you able to access the camera directly and take photos normally? Also, is this a personal device or is it set up with a work account?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is a personal device.

Yeah, I can access the camera normally and take pictures.

From other apps like WhatsApp, Evernote and more I can normally access the camera.

Everything works except accessing the camera from the remember app...

If I go to settings->software updates, it says I have the latest version. 10.2.1.537

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

I would recommend doing a Security wipe.

To perform a Security Wipe please follow the instructions below. Be sure and use BB Link to make a full backup before proceeding with the wipe:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33591

Once the wipe is complete you can restore your backup. I recommend checking the Remember app before restoring your backup.  Also, keep in mind that data in the backup may be the source of the original problem and restoring it may restore the problem, as well. To alleviate this I recommend not restoring the Settings portion of the backup.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Device: z10
My Carrier: bell

The solution for me was to toggle on then off the parent controls disabling the camera. As soon as I turned them back off the camera in the remember app was back to being fully functional.
New Contributor

I just tried it.

Worked perfectly. I had to close the remember app before activating parent control, deactivate and again activate the camera though...

thank you!

Contributor
My Device: Z10, Torch 9800, PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Rogers

I tried the same thing and it worked for me as well. If you don't have parental controls active, still slide the switch to ON. A password prompt will open...simply hit CANCEL and the parental controls will switch back to OFF. Relaunch BlackBerry Remember and the camera should be enabled from within Remember.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click 'Like' if this was helpful, and mark it as a solution if it has solved your problem.