Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Can I make OS 10 Work for Me?

Hello,

I have been using BB with Verizon for many years for my company and I have my pre-OS 10 device customized such that I get pushed only the messages I want on my device and get notified by the sounds/vibrations via the profiles I want. This is critical as I do network administration and I need notified immediate when issues arise.

I have my BIS email address, [me]@vzw.blackberry.net that gets pushed instantly to my device however, before any messages get to my device, I have them filtered via settings at https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html. When message do arrive, based on the sender, a different tone/vibration occurs thanks to the highly customizable Profiles.

I have been reading that OS 10 has removed some of these features – is this true? Will I no longer be able to achieve the same results (instant filtered email with custom tones) if I upgrade?

Thank you.

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Can I make OS 10 Work for Me?

Roughly speaking, yes.

You will no longer be using a [me]@vzw.blackberry.net or BIS accounts, so you will need to set those incoming alert emails to a new account, get a gmail or outlook.com free account, and set the filtering ON the email server.

Then, you will set the notifications for that specific email account as you would like on the BB10 notifications set up.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thank you for your reply.  Are BB10 notifications customizable at a contact level or just email account level?

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

On OS 10.1, at the contact level and at the email account level.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code