Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Can Not Install OS Update 10.1.0.2014 Onto My Z10

Hi, I have beem trying to install 10.1.0.2014 onto my Z10 on the Telus Mobility network.  I have spent hours trying to get this problem figured out.  I have tried over the air update 4 or 5 times.  It seems to download normally and install.  But, when it says to reboot the reboot icon goes to 100% and stays there.  I have let it go up to 6 hour but phone will not reboot.    I have also tried installing numerous times using the Link software and the www.blackberry.com/update and the same thing happens.  Icon goes to 100% but goes no further after numerious hours, will not reboot.  I also tried reinstalling software using the Link software.  When I begin reinstall process on the Link software, it says there is a software update avalible and asks if I want to install update.  If I click yes the update installs to the 76% level and says there was an error.  When I click retry, the same thing happens download stays at 76% and will go no further.  If I click to reinstall software without the update it reinstalls.  But, then when try to install the update, it gets stuck at the 100% for a few hours and goes no further.  I was on for an hour and a half with Telus tech support but they couldn't help me out.  They told me to call BlackBerry.  I am so upset, I've been loving my Z10 until this problem began.  I have been trying to get this problem corrected for quite a few days.  I would be thankful for any advice.

My Carrier: Optus

Re: Can Not Install OS Update 10.1.0.2014 Onto My Z10

I'm facing the same problem too.
New Contributor

Try early moring with good sat signal and leave Z10 alone with power connected.  Dont know why but worked on 2 other phones and now all good!

New Contributor
My Device: Torch

TELUS...stop the madness. FIX YOUR LOUSY CODE!

It took an entire day of my life and 5 trips to the Telus store (the staff were great but the problem persisted). Now Telus wants me to redo it. After spending an entire day on it I am not prepared to go through it again. Telus needs to fix this problem. 

Regular Contributor
My Device: blackberry Z10
My Carrier: singtel

oke i see u are very upset about this issue

did u connect your Z into pc/laptop?

it will faster

if u still cant done 100%,do security wipe and check again in setting-software updates

if there is still sofware update avaliable,install it klick yes

but before u do security wipe please back up your z10 use bblink otherways your data n file will be gone

thanks

New Contributor
My Device: Torch

Of course I am upset. Would you like to be without your phone for a day and have to visit your supplier repeatedly for a problem they caused you? I have spent over $35,000 with Telus since 1997 when I became one of the first clients of the then Clearnet company (which gave Telus its branding that we see today). 

Thanks for your information but here is the real issue. The Telus manager said that the one Installed now (and what would I know because I am basically a monkey that pushes the buttons when asked, this is the first time I have even looked at the OS version) which is OS version 10.1.0.273 would actually be a newer version so I should stick with it. He told me that release .2014 has problems reported online but that .273 is an approved release directly from Blackberry. if this is true then why would I upgrade? How does it help me? What has Telus added that assists me, saves me money, improves my experience? In other words I need a clearly articulated value proposition if I am to spend more of my valuable time on fixing this issue. I pay top dollar to be a Telus client and I expect results and performance from my suppliers. 

Regular Contributor
My Device: blackberry Z10
My Carrier: singtel

Wow u must be getting angry with this issues

Hut actually I never hear about OS 2014 the latest one is 273 is official update
I never use official update,i never bother about that
I prefer using leak os is awesome