02-07-2013 05:57 PM
Every time I try to transfer the data from my 9300 to Z10 it copies the data from the 9300 but then when I click the icon for the Z10 to be transferred to I get a 'Data could not be copied to your device due to the following errors: There could have been a problem with the device or connection during the restore. Verify that the device is turned on and connected.'
I tried with both devices plugged into the USBs at the same time, tried switching ports, tried copying from the 9300, unplugging it and plugging in the z10 but nothing has worked so far.
02-08-2013 03:48 PM
When I first plugged the Z10 it asked me if I wanted to transfer my files from my old bb. I plugged in my bold 9790 and I was able to backup all the old data and hit next.
Then I reconnected the z10 and the error message comes up saying:
"Data could not be copied...
There could have been a problem with the device or connection during the restore. Verify that the device is turned on and connected."
The bb z10 is showing as connected with the PIN displayed on the left hand of the Link screen.
02-12-2013 05:19 AM
I have the exact same problem! Its totally absurd! I've been managed to back up my 9700 but not able to switch the data to the Z10. I have no idea why this is happening!! Please help us someone!
02-13-2013 07:43 PM
03-26-2013 11:26 AM
I tried the dual cables and that didn't work, rebooted and that didn't work. Here's what does work.
1. Connect the old phone (Storm2 in my case) to BlackBerry Desktop and make a full backup. Disconnect the phone and close the program.
2. Start BlackBerry Link and connect the Z10. Go through the steps to name the phone.
3. Now do a restore, select "Legacy Device Backup Files" which is where the old phone backup was made.
4. Select the backup you just made.
5. You'll have a much-too-small window you can scroll through and find most of your files. There is also an option to restore all of them. I didn't do that, I just wanted Address Book and a couple of other things, so you're on your own there.
I didn't see a way to move the pictures or videos from the memory card, so I removed that from the Storm2, put it in the full size SD adapter and that into a laptop. They're found in the Blackberry folder on that card.
Good luck, and I hope this works for you.
06-03-2013 07:44 PM
I used to own a 9300 and have the backup files on my computer when I bought my Q10 they attemted to transfer contacts. over 50% loaded with no name.
So I would like to load the contacts from my old legacy files to my Q10 but it is not working.
I followed the steps above but nothing changes in my contacts even after a restart of the Q10
06-04-2013 09:52 PM
Are you certain the backup is actually happening on the 9300? Can you verify it, or try to restore it onto the same phone so see if it will restore?
Can't think of anything else to try, sorry my routine didn't work for you.