Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Tourch
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Can't turn off autoplay. Music plays when Z10 pairs with my bluetooth device

This is really frustrating.  Whenever my Z10 pairs with my hands-free unit (Blueant S4) in my car the music play launches and starts playing tracks.  I have to pull out the phone and shut down the music player.  I would like to disable the AutoPlay function.  This option does not appear to be exposed to users.  Any suggestions?

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Can't turn off autoplay. Music plays when Z10 pairs with my bluetooth device

Have the same hands-free unit with the same problem. It's been driving me crazy for 3 weeks now. Thought I'd Google it today, and found this thread. You're not alone!
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: US Cellular

Re: Can't turn off autoplay. Music plays when Z10 pairs with my bluetooth device

I have this as well, but its when i turn on my suv with Sync services
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell Aliant

I have the same problem also. I had an Iphone before, with never any issues, now with my Z10, as soon as my bluetooth connects, it brings up my Music Folder on my Z10 and starts playing my ringtones which I have downloaded . I have to go into my phone and close out the Music folder to make it stop. Then when I try and stream music via Slacker Radio or whatever, the music will stream, but the last ringtone audio file that it played remains on the car LCD readout. I am glad I am not alone....... This HAS to be fixed.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

Just bought my bb z10. I'm already frustrated with this autostart feature without any means to disable it...

For a smartphone targeting businesses, having that music app starting each time its connect to bluetooth is not a "cool" feature indeed... and definitely not professionally-sound...

Is it possible for someone at Blackberry to provide answers about that problem? There is plenty of threads/models covering that bug...

And if this is a standardized "so-called" car's security feature forced by Bluetooth to avoid any interaction with a smartphone while driving... You've totally screwed up that one... Listening to ringtones is a greater risk than car texting...

Trusted Contributor

I eventually went to Bell and complained about this problem, and I was given a person at Rimm to talk to , I got up to level 3 in Rimm, and they had me send a log file of my phone to them, so they could analyze it, to see if there was a problem with the phone or not, causing the music folder to open automatically upon activating the car Bluetooth.

Well they called back tonight, and said, the  phone is doing what it is suppose to do, as its designed that way.. He said some cars the music folder wont open, and on other cars it will. Its just the nature of the beast..

Upon which I told him, this is just plain stupid, as there should be some setting in the Z10 that would let us decide, if the phone should connect automatically to the car or not when it comes to audio files.

I also explained to him that I am not alone in this , as there are many other users out here who have he exact same problem, and are just as frustrated as I am..

He said he would mark it down for future consideration for upcoming bug fixes.. It just sounded to me, like he wasnt really too concerned about it.

I would suggest to anyone else out here, to do the same thing I did, go to your local wireless supplier, and ask to speak to a RImm representive, as they will put you through to them on their phone, and complain the same way I did, as maybe the more that complain, the more they will take this matter serious.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

can you give us the Level3 ticket reference of your ticket?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Trusted Contributor

Its

INC000026473979

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

Tnks JameDee!

I'm going tomorrow at my TelusMob reseller seeking for a L3 support and formal complain.

Trusted Contributor

I thought this major problem would have been fixed with the new 10.1 software, but lo and behold, the problem is still there.. Rimm, do something about this.. I am getting tired of hearing my ringtones play, as soon as my car connects to my bluetooth in my car. Totally unacceptable. !!!