Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Cannot delete messages only on Handheld = Unacceptable!

No, it's not possible yet. 

Contributor

POP3, Facebook, Twitter, no matter what you delete, it deletes on the server as well.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 10
My Carrier: Z10 Rogers

I agree. I have talked to blackberry support and this feature is not available. Very frustrating and unacceptable. I have deleted a couple of very important emails from my Z10 and there gone from my computer. I have to know from blackberry if there going to re-introduce this feature, if not the Z10 is going back.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

You should be able to find those emails on your web mail server in trash, depending on your settings on the server. Mail only syncs 30 days on the Z10 anyway then it drops off. If you really don't like having that many emails why not set it to something like 3 days and then they will drop off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

John_Clark wrote:
You should be able to find those emails on your web mail server in trash, depending on your settings on the server. Mail only syncs 30 days on the Z10 anyway then it drops off. If you really don't like having that many emails why not set it to something like 3 days and then they will drop off.

Often I want to keep an email for future reference. For days, weeks, sometimes months. What you are saying is also removing me from another email feature. 

Great, just *&&"&$& great. 

Why fix it if it's not broken... 

I hope BB wakes up and brings us back a feature that was very useful to many. 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

There are lots of features we hope they bring back. For now, they have a competitive device that people will actually take a look at when they walk into the local cell phone shop. Before, everyone just steered away and went to the iPhone or Galaxy device. Now, at least, BlackBerry has something to offer that people want.

We're all missing some features that we loved. However, if one is on an iPhone right now, this won't be an issue and many will choose BlackBerry. It's a business and they have to offer what 'most' people want. It's tough for all of us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

If the device does not do basic things then no people will not be happy. Both apple and android phones have an option to leave a message on the server or not. This is unacceptable from Blackberry. I don't want my mail showing up in trash. I need it showing on the inbox of both my phone, laptop and desktop. Looks like the Z10 is going back.
Regular Contributor

Just received confirmation from Blackberry today, there will be an update to be able to leave a copy of your email on the server. They just could not tell me when. They have received numerous complaints withy regards to this. That's very good news Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Carrier: 393930665071

I have the opposite problem working with Activesync and Z10.

I want to delete messages on blackberry and not find it anymore on my outlook.

But it doen't work : every time a delete a message on the BB it disappears, but I will always find it in outlook incoming folder.

Contributor

Hallelujah! Thank you for tracking this down, Belladog.

This was just one of several glitches wth Z10 I was working through and it was more of an inconvenience at first. But I agree with everyone on this thread that BlackBerry must bring back that feature! Management of e-mails is way more complicated than need be without it.  And I just lost all e-mails on both Z10 and server on two separate accounts. Total mystery but a disaster!! Oh well, be Zen....