Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 10
My Carrier: Rogers

Changing Contact Message Tones

Hi I've changed my contacts message tones to personalize each one but they are not working. They all ring the same.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: orange

Re: Changing Contact Message Tones

i have also noticed this Smiley Sad

lots of features of the z10 seem to have take a backward step compared even to os 6 Smiley Sad

also no volume control for each rind tone Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

While the features are very rudimentary for now, I can change my sounds to my custom tones with no problem.

Have you tested the sounds when they are changed ?

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Contributor

Hi I can change the sounds but I assumed the sounds would change with each individuals texts but realize its just for email and phone rings. I had the BlackBerry 9900 before this 10 and it changed the tones for everything. 

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: orange

Only the ring tone for a contact can be changed, text tone can't. Very poor that simple things dont get tested.

Contributor

Yes it is poor. I would have expected BlackBerry to keep past functions of their phones and just added to them. Guess not. Reguarless I'm quite liking the new 10 anyway :-)