Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: turkcell

!!!! Common Problems after the 273 Update !!!!

[ Edited ]

Maybe it makes more sense to collect all the failures after the latest update.  The issues I am experiencing:

1. The hub does not function properly when I search for items. For example I see only the results from sent folder when I search and the same email mutliple times (more than 10). I can't find anything that I have sent.

2. The battery life is extremely poor after the update. I have charged my BB for about 5 hoıurs ago and I have now 54%. I did not even use the device in this period, only two calls appr. 2 min. each. 

3. I realized for an half hour ago that the appointments I made using Lotus Notes are not beeing synch. to my Z10 anymore (and vice-versa). It was working perfect before the update. 

4. My Z10 does not recognize that I am using the original charger came with the device and always warns me.

So if you could put your problems here maybe someone from BB will see them and take some action because beeing not able to work with a business device sucks...Robot Frustrated

I'll try a new wipe using BB Link and report it again here...

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: !!!! Common Problems after the 273 Update !!!!

So... I made yesterday another wipe and reinstalled the OS through BB Link once again. 

The points 1-3 are solved with the new installation, everything is OK now regarding these points. Consumed only 20% battery in 6 hours with average usage, internet, calls and corporate mails...

But I still get the message I should use the original charger although I am using it. I don't know if it is harmful??

That means I would recommend everyone having severe Problems after the update to make a new installation using the BB Link on computer...

New Contributor
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Since updating the software this weekend on my Z-10 I am unable to charge my battery via electrical socket (I can only charge it via a computer).  When I plug in into the wall, it doesn't charge and it shows me a red exclamation mark in the battery which apparently is the icon for "the battery isn't charging because the power source isn't providing enough power. Use the charger that came with your BlackBerry device to charge the battery."  However, I am using the original equipment provided with the phone.  

Contributor

If possible I would try it with another original charger to see if the charger has the problem or the device.
New Contributor
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

The charger was fine until I updated the software so if would be a huge coincidence if they weren't related.  I will however try to get my hands on another original charger.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: telus

same with me and I asked the help desk as Telus and they said they had never heard of this and just to take out the battery. but it is still saying that to me no matter what charger I use- including the original charger.....
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: telus

I have the same problem. often it does not even recognize the charger and then after i fiddle with it for a while it will pick it up and I have to make sure it is perfectly still to make sure it charges overnight or else I wake up to a dead cell phone. And when It DOES recognize it tells me to use the charger than came with the device... but I am! And either way... this message never popped up before. Now it pops up no matter what charger I try.