Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Company Names excluded in searching Contacts in Phone App - Why?

Has anyone else had a problem with searching a company name through the Phone app Contacts search function?  This seems like such a basic function to me, I was surprised.  Calling for a cab, or local pharmacy shouldn't require Name Field be completed.  It needs a fix for sure.  Please advise if anyone knows if this is a bug, OS miss, or a unique issue with my Z10?  Thanks!

Forums Advisor III

Re: Company Names excluded in searching Contacts in Phone App - Why?

Yes this is a known issue, as well as some other sorting and search issues within the contacts app. I have reported it, not sure if it made the bug list or not.

A work around for now is to use the universal search on the home page, it seems to search all of the fields. Then click the contact from there and choose how you wish to contact them by touching the options.
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Contributor

thanks...
Contributor

How does one report issues btw?  Found another glaring miss in there being no Reminder Notfications Settings for Calendar.

Forums Advisor III

Officially, you report things through your carrier's support channels. Or try Tweeting @BlackBerryHelp with your bugs/suggestions. Smiley Happy Sometimes they read this forum and will note things for the developers, not sure exactly how often that happens.

Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Forums Advisor III

In the notifications settings (from the home screen, swipe down from the top bezel and touch the word "Notifications") you can change the notification sound / vibration, etc. for "Reminders." Is that what you were looking for? You can set when the calendar Reminders go off in the calendar app.

Contributor

I'm familiar with the Notifications Settings, but there is not one for Calendar Reminders, just a general Reminder - this has worked for the Remember App.  My Calendar has no functioning reminder sound, or pop up notification, which are basics.

Contributor

I should add that the Remeber Appthough doesn't create a reminder sound, just a pop up of the Task.
Contributor

Okay, when I tried to test my Calendar reminder by setting a near term appointment with a Start notfication, it hung.  I restarted the phone, and now the notification is working.  Problem solved.  Buggyness though now feeling better.  Hopefully not too many reboots to come (2nd since owning Feb 5th)

My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Why?  because this thing is half baked (Playbook all over again) and I was stupid enough to fall for it again.  I have used blackberries since the 8700 and am really starting to lose faith in this brand.  There are sooo many bugs in the thing that it's not even funny anymore. 

Email text does not reflow

Album art that is super imposed with the wrong artitst after a restore

Volume controls that don't lock when the screen is off

Can't turn auto dimming off

Can't keep email for more than 30 days

Nothing on the BB Bridge except for a readme file LOL!

Blackberry Link is pathetic and slooooow

The list just goes on and on and I am on the verge of dumping all of my Blackberries