Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Contact Groups or Categories

There appears to be no way in BB10 Contacts to add people to groups or categories.

My contacts can be typically categorized as work colleagues, friends, hockey parents, etc.  I would like a way to organize them as such and also a way to create a group so that I can send an email to a bunch of people without having  to select them all each time.

This is basic email functionality which I believe should be a part of the native contacts app.  Is this on the BB10 roadmap, and if so, when can we expect it?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Passport SQW100-3 • Z10 STL100-3 • PlayBook 32G
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Contact Groups or Categories

From what I understand, this issue has not been escalated to BlackBerry support or marketing or programmers, I've been asking a few senior members to take this initiative.

As other BB members continue to mention throughout these forums, the "Groups" field or ("Categories" in Outlook) has been included in Pre OS10 BlackBerrys since as far back as I can remember. Please tell me that somebody at BlackBerry HQ has been made aware of the importance for this business feature !!?? Not only is it missing,  there's actually a bug...whenever I access or edit a contact from my Z10, and I have 1200 contacts, it actually pulls it out from it's respective "Category" in my MS Outlook and recategorises is it as "None".  Definitely not cool nor acceptable as this creates even more work, not less. 

I suggest that you keep posting, poking, suggesting until we get some action from BlackBerry.
Visitor
My Device: Bold 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

I will be making my upgrade decision when the iPhone 5s is introduced. Two way sync is now here but Groups and important fields of original BBOS are still missing. When I gave up on Palm I moved to BB and was ready to upgrade to Q10 only to discover BB10 has also abandoned its business features and appeal. I prefer a physical keyboard but will not choose Q10 without the original BBOS Groups and fields.
Regular Contributor

My only remaining beef with my Z10's use of EAS sync with MS Outlook is 2 fold: (1) Not all important fields are being synced (missing GROUPS field in OS10, was there in all previous OS versions and synced with CATEGORY in Outlook) and (2) Whenever I access or edit a contact via my Z10, it pulls it out from its assigned Category in MS Outook. I then have to manually reassign said contact once I log into my Outlook via a PC. Pain in the royal you know what !!!

Regular Contributor

Still shaking my head in disbelief !! Doen't anyone at BB realize that there's actually a bug going on here!! Still using my Z10, but painful at times. Sure wish someone would wake up fix a few basic features to work as well as they once did.