Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telkomsel Indonesia

Contacts problem OS10: multiple contact lists and autolinking disaster

I have been trying to set Q10 as my primary device where it should be able to handle all my day to day activities and business needs. But after setting emails, contacts, moving SMSes and so on, I found out that this autolinking of contacts in OS10 to be a real pain and unacceptable. I am not sure if this is a bug or not but if it is not a bug then it is a major flaw in the design of the OS to be a serious business device. FWIW, OS build is 10.1.0.2342.

I have set up three sources of contacts, 2 separate google contacts and 1 from outlook (Exchange Activesync). They all serve different purposes, one for personal contacts (family, etc), and the others are for business suppliers and customers. All 3 synchronised well on initial set up with the device.

Problem comes when adding new contact entry using Q10, it automatically creates a new entry in all contact sources plus one local contacts and autolinking them automatically so if I delete that entry from one contact source, the others will be deleted as well. This is just not acceptable. There should be an option to disable this autolinking or at least an option for us to choose where and which source of contacts we want the new entry to be. I clearly do not want a family contact to appear in the business contact at the same time. Comparing with Galaxy S3 running Android there is an option for user to place a new contact entry to which contact source or link all of them later manually should one wish to do that. It is just a major flaw for OS10 to always assume that a user wants automatic and blatant linking of all contacts in all sources set up in the device.

Does anyone have the same problem and perhaps a solution to this? By the way, I don't like the idea of creating automatically local contacts as well for new contacts, it is just a waste of resource in the device IMHO if one has set up external source of contacts.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Indosat

Re: Contacts problem OS10: multiple contact lists and autolinking disaster

I agree with you totally on this issue.

Any else facing this madness?

Henry