Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 3 UK

Re: Copy & Paste phone numbers Z10!

Thank You for your swift reply JC
This would be such a relief and shows how great the Z10 platform is to be able to adapt.
1 Up For Our Developers
JTValerie
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telkomsel

I just switched to the Q10 and found out that i can't copy phone numbers or notes from my contacts!! 

This was a very important function for me, the BB10 has made me less productive...

Hope they will put back the function in the newer OS builds..  

Contributor
My Device: z30
My Carrier: BSNL INDIA

hello Friends

has this issue been solved?

please suggest any shortcuts if anyone know.

this is a very useful thing missing on z10 Smiley Sad

Looking forward

thanks in advance

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

You can paste numbers into the phone dialer now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

sorry for being dumb. i tried it now and couldn't do it..

my issue is i am unable to copy a number form a contact and use it in a draft (be it sms or email)

I am unable to copy it from the contacts in the first place.. Smiley Sad

i have the latest version of the OS fyi.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

No, you can't copy from the address book unless you tap on edit first. But you can copy from other sources like the browser, etc. and paste into the dialer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Thanks

hope the BB guys are listening and wish something is done in this direction in the future updates..

Developer
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Technically you don't need to copy and paste from a contact to dial that contact.   If you need to dial a contract just open up the contact and tap on the number you wish to dial. The phone will dial the number.

If you follow that use case there is no need to copy and paste into phone app.  

If you need to copy the phone or other part of a contact into another app such as an email then yes, you need to enter edit mode in the contact before you can copy and paste.

Contributor

yes i understand thanks. dialing is not the problem.

my issue is the third one that you have mentioned..and its a tricky game to edit it every time if i need to copy that contact number..