Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Vodafone

Crazy behavior - Missing call remain marked either with a call received from the same number right after

I have noticed a crazy behavior

In the past 5 minutes, an number called me and I was not near my Q5

When I came back, the Q5 ringed again

After talking, the message "missing call"  was warning about a missing call

I went to the calls list to see which was the missing called phone number

Well, the last two calls were identical, answered call and missing call numbers were the same one.

This is an bad and unwanted issues, let's suppose that (as it is for me) you have many (MANY) received calls and "call waiting" feature on. You are tlaking to customers, you may answer some calls in the backgorund and finally you are warned about 5 missing calls.

Now what? Should I goto compare all the numbers in the calls queue?

OS 7 and also previous ones, were avoiding this behavior.

For the practical daily use, looks like to me that this OS 10 stepped backward, instead than keeping good practices.

Ciao!

Robert

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: Crazy behavior - Missing call remain marked either with a call received from the same number right after

Part of it maybe your carrier and if you call them they'll tell you to reboot it so it refreshes on the network.

Sometimes that sorts it out, especially when dealing with any other manufactures software + hardware but this is Blackberry.

Back when mine worked, there were numerous times  i would hear the phone ring go to answer but it would say "missed call" and it continued ringing AFTER then call had gone to voicemail or the person calling hung up. 

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Crazy behavior - Missing call remain marked either with a call received from the same number right after

sorry

I've coded in my past

this is software and not carrier.

The missing call is marked red. It is the software that must be "smart" and observe that the same number, after the previous missing call, has been contacted or replied (they tried again to call you and this subsequent attempt, you answered)

it is the software that must "avoid" you go to recall a number you already have been in touch AFTER the missing call with it.

You must think about this issue in a business situation where in half an hour, they happen so many calls and or calls attempts.

I've noticed that also an work around doesn't work, like:
going to hub
clicking last item "Calls"
use the search and keying in the last digits of the missing call number, neither the complete number

so also the search function "doesn't work"

while in this hub section I would expect that a "search" function, would "search" what ever I key in.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10

Excuse me- this clarifies it for me.

the only thing I can't comprehend is how to use BB in a business sense.

After the whole hub permanantly deleting info there's no way i'd trust BB with anything.

Smiley Happy

g'luck