Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Rocking my Z10 and PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Creating a distribution list

Is it possible to create contact lists, other than the ones already pre-set; i.e. All, Favourites, BBM Video etc?

It would be great if different sets could be created, to allow group emails/texts.

Unless I'm missing something, and there is already a way to create distribution style lists.

Many thanks

Love Me - Love My BlackBerry
-------
Z10 OS Version: 10.0.10.690
Z10 Software Release: 10.10.90
PlayBook - 2.1.0.1526
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Creating a distribution list

What do you mean by distribution list? like another category of contacts for BBM?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Rocking my Z10 and PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Hi

No, I mean a list where I can send an email (or text) to multiple people without selecting/entering their addresses one-by-one.

It looks like it's currently not possible though! Smiley Sad
Love Me - Love My BlackBerry
-------
Z10 OS Version: 10.0.10.690
Z10 Software Release: 10.10.90
PlayBook - 2.1.0.1526
New Contributor
My Device: Z10 / 32GB Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

Currently there isn't a way to do group SMS and/or email. At least not that I can tell.
Let's extend this connection. Hit me on Twitter @kmcooley
Developer
My Device: (BlackBerry Z10)-> Q10/Passport Dual Use

This would be a great idea for an application. The APIs are in place to allow developers to create such an app. I do not believe that "Group" messaging is available natively (where you can send a message to multiple contacts at the same time, since it would take time for each outbound message... it is theoretically possible to do this one-by-one. 

I also wanted to add that an app that integrates with a third-party like SendGrid (for mass-email) or Twilio (for mass text/phone-calls) would be ideal implementation.

Questions: How critical is the distribution for your needs? Is this for a business use-case? How much would you pay for this type of app based on its value?

Thanks.

Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

You can try https://groupme.com/ for SMS

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

My old Blackberry would pick up my contact groups that I would create in Outlook...have no idea why the Z10 wouldn't do this...now when I need to fwd an email or send one to my sales group, I need to enter each email address one at a time...a lot of work when i need to send an email to 20-30 people QUICKLY!!! Can someone help?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

BBBeast:
the explanation is that in OS7 and prior, each contact could have a category.
This is currently not the case for BlackBerry10.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

understood...i think...this seems to be incredibly shortsighted...doesn't everyone send emails to a group of colleagues or clients all the time? My Q10 is supposed to be an email machine...it's not like it was created to host apps otherwise I would own an I-phone...I need to be able to email timely information to groups of people all day and don't have time to type in each recipient's name...does anyone have any ideas or fixes or am i resigned to go back to my Bold?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

I know it won't replace distribution lists for emails, but BlackBerry 10 has a special feature that will automatically propose you to add recipients to an email, based on its content and the recipients you have already selected.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: