Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry Q5
My Carrier: Etisalat Nigeria

DISSATISFIED

I must confess, I am highly dissatisfied with the whole hyped bb10. To start with, it is not user friendly. So much stress for a mobile and supposed to be "handy" device. It's a non utility phone. Not a phone when you need accuracy with speed or should I say semi smart phone. 

I have the biggest regret purchasing the Q5 and it's a good bye once I get another phone. 

Issues:
BBM icons have no names? What's the point adding 100 more emoticons if I don't know what they represent? For instance,  Sending yuck thinking it's tongue out!!

I can't go in between numbers when I am dialling. For instance I type 23567 and I realise I have omitted 4, I have to delete 657 then insert 4 and type 567 again. How nice is that?

I can't search for pictures by name except I go through file manager

I can't copy from face book or twitter news feed to paste else where.

I can't copy a phone number from contacts to paste elsewhere (like to send it to someone within a text content) until I click edit contact. What happens if in trying to edit I delete a figure or add a figure in the contact?

Copying and pasting from bbm contacts PM is impossible so if a contact has a phone number on his/her PM, I have to start re writing it??? This is no semi smart it is DUMB!!!

I can't zoom in or out to crop a picture as a display picture

I can't zoom in or out to snap.

All what makes a mobile phone nice are mostly the little details that you have ignored.

Even the hanging old versions of blackberry bold 5 downwards are 10 times better in utility. 

Please kindly do a software upgrade to improve all this basics before upgrades that just makes the device more complex and higher degree frustrating. 
Also adding a virtual keypad in your next upgrade  is going to be cool.

N:B this is not a utility or user friendly phones. I'm gonna advice my friends before we all get disappointed. 
No wonder most of my friends stuck to their android and old blackberry. Now they laugh at my frustration. 

I wonder if customer complaints are ever attended to judging by the series of complaints on the same issue virtually all over blogs and discussion forums. 

I can't say I didn't see it. I just assumed RIM was customer oriented. 

Please send me a link to downgrade back to d previous BBM.  I really beg you. I want to downgrade. This is the" silliest" phone I have ever used. 
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: DISSATISFIED

Many of your complaints are incorrect or have other options to perform your need.

You haven't asked any questions, just made (mostly wrong) statements.

Do you need help?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Hi J, Sanders and BlackBerry support, J Sanders has said my complaints are incorrect and have other alternatives. You also said I have made mostly wrong statements ans asked no question. I was actually complaining and asked not asking questions. Now I will ask questions.
Please kindly let me know the 'alternative functions' to perform this basics. The questions are:
1) How do I go in between numbers when I type them to dial without having to delete numbers? Eg 12356. If I want to input 4 after 3, how do I do this without deleting 5 & 6.
2) How do I copy from a friends facebook comment, a friends BlackBerry personal message, twitter etc? (I know about the touch down on a message you want to copy and then select, but this doesn't work on the mentioned platforms)
3) How do I copy a number from my facebook to paste in between a text, or any where I choose to? That is select and copy and not attach or copy to sim) the only alternative I have observed is go through edit and then select, then copy. The down side is I can mistakenly input a character and then it saves.
4) How do I zoom in and out for a picture I want to set as a display picture? (the crop doesn't zoom, it just selects to fited crop size)
5) How do I zoom in or out when I want to take a picture using the camera?
6) How do I search for pictures by name without having to go through file manager?
7) How do I know the names of BlackBerry emoticons when I want to use them?
8) How do I downgrade my current BBM version 10.3 to the previous version?
9) Can we have a virtual trackpad in the next upgrade?
N:B- my complaints are on my dissatisfaction and challenges. If the alternatives are going through longer process then the system is complicated. Let's always have in mind the usefulness of a tool. Technology is to make life easier and not complicated.
I look forward to answers and solutions. Thanks
New Contributor

Hi J, Sanders and BlackBerry support, J Sanders has said my complaints are incorrect and have other alternatives. You also said I have made mostly wrong statements ans asked no question. I was actually complaining and asked not asking questions. Now I will ask questions.
Please kindly let me know the 'alternative functions' to perform this basics. The questions are:
1) How do I go in between numbers when I type them to dial without having to delete numbers? Eg 12356. If I want to input 4 after 3, how do I do this without deleting 5 & 6.
2) How do I copy from a friends facebook comment, a friends BlackBerry personal message, twitter etc? (I know about the touch down on a message you want to copy and then select, but this doesn't work on the mentioned platforms)
3) How do I copy a number from my phone book to paste in between a text, or any where I choose to? That is select and copy and not attach or copy to sim) the only alternative I have observed is go through edit and then select, then copy. The down side is I can mistakenly input a character and then it saves.
4) How do I zoom in and out for a picture I want to set as a display picture? (the crop doesn't zoom, it just selects to fited crop size)
6) How do I search for pictures by name without having to go through file manager?
9) Can we have a virtual trackpad in the next upgrade?
N:B- my complaints are on my dissatisfaction and challenges. If the alternatives are going through longer process then the system is complicated. Let's always have in mind the usefulness of a tool. Technology is to make life easier and not complicated.
I look forward to answers and solutions. Thanks
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

BB10 is not just an "upgrade" of BB7. It is an entirely new platform. You are correct in some of your questions in that there aren't features for some of those.

In the case of #5 you can pinch to zoom when taking a picture with the camera.

Many of the options you're talking about have been requested but no idea if BB will implement them or not. One thing to keep in mind that BBOS 7 was very refined from when I first got a BlackBerry with OS 3.8 on it. BB10 is in its infancy but already more options and features than iOS and that's only after one year. Imagine when it gets around 5 years of refinement. I've seen HUGE refinements just in the first year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

folakesolaja wrote:

That search magnifying glass at the bottom of the screen, between the phone and camera icon... tap it a type in your picutre search.

folakesolaja wrote:

I didn't know they had names. I guess someone could name them and fill us all in. Do you?

folakesolaja wrote:

It's not too hard, but find an old bar file of the previous version (I don't know which previous version you want), and sideload it. In all honestly, you're not meant to go backwards. The new 10.3 BBM is great.

folakesolaja wrote:

It does work on the Twitter for BlackBerry app, not Facebook. In Twitter, don't open the tweet, just in your twitter timeline, tap and hold the tweet > select the "copy tweet" icon (looks like note board).

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Yea the emoticons do have names. Check with d non bb10.
I can't see any search magnifying icon btw phone nd camera.
You didn't answer for the others like
How do I copy a number from my phone book to paste in between a text, or any where I choose to? That is select and copy and not attach or copy to sim) the only alternative I have observed is go through edit and then select, then copy. The down side is I can mistakenly input a character and then it saves.

Thank you.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

On the home screen at the very bottom middle is a search icon. It's right between the camera icon and phone icon.

1) You can't.

4) You can shrink the crop box to zoom in on a picture. Use two fingers to shrink it or make it bigger. it won't go bigger than the picture though.

5. I answered this one already. Use two fingers to pinch to zoom in and out. Pretty standard on touch devices.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru II

The did away with the names. Why do you need a name? You can easily see what the emoticon is. The receiver doesn't get a name, just the emoticon. Doesn't really seem necessary to me. I just wish they were a bit bigger in the convos.

folakesolaja wrote:
I can't see any search magnifying icon btw phone nd camera.

Well, what DO you see at the bottom of the screen between the phone icon and camera icon?

folakesolaja wrote:
Yea the emoticons do have names. Check with d non bb10.

Ok, but you're not a "d non bb10"

folakesolaja wrote:

4) You want to set a "display picture" for what? BBM, Twitter, Facebook, what?

5) Using two fingers pinch in on the screen

folakesolaja wrote:

You didn't answer for the others like.

I didn't answer the ones that had no answer.
I did answer the ones which had an answer.

You forgot to say "thank you".

Knowledge Base Updates