Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Deleting of Emails on handheld vs desktop...

I am assuming that BES 10 will have the ability, as previous versions, to be able to delete emails on HANDHELD ONLY thus leaving them on the server (desktrop)?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Deleting of Emails on handheld vs desktop...

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Well...let's see...how do I say this...

Right now, no...the implementation of ActiveSync on BB10 includes full replication of the mailbox between the server and device...no choices to do one thing on one, and not have that reflect to the other.

In the future? No one can know...or, if they do know, they would be precluded from saying!

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

so just to make aure..with the new Z10's and BES 10, when a user deletes an email from their BB, it will also delete on their dekstop? sorry if a redundant question, but if this is the case, my boss will not want to upgrade..we currently are running BES 4.1 and he loves this ability to delete on handheld only...
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Oops...I was multi-tasking too much and missed that this was BES. Sorry about that...everything may be different...let me ask a friend who is on BES to comment...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

yes thank you....correct I am talking a BES Server 10 environment
Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Currently BES 10 will delete from mail box

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: attiaiscad those

I called but waited past two weeks to return the z10.
My work demands to leave copy on Server. Hope to get off this phone without much of a loss.
New Contributor

i received an email from BB support and they claim that with new BES 10 server, we will again have this ability to leave emails on the desktop

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: attiaiscad those

I don't believe you.

BTW, how much does that job pay?

New Contributor
My Device: Torch & Z10
My Carrier: Monaco Telecom

I dont think your boss would like it either. This is a main problem when you use a "production" mailbox! When you delete from device will delete from mailbox and otherway.

Also something to keep in mind. 

In case you have a policy to delete/empty mailboxes automatically then Z10 will be emptied too!

Basically what BES or BEXS had all the way up to 5.0.4 is what made BB different from other smartphones. If we wanted to go on Active sync there are quite some great Android apps to do a good job (K9 or Touchdown - K9 missing some quick button like send etc in the main interface and you have to open the meny to send etc but support PUSH and no deletion from either way. Touchdown has a great interface but disables deletion from device to server but not either way aka see above auto deletion scipts on exchange. Best would be TOUCHDOWN with K9 deletion features. )

Maybe BES 10 should have this in management enabled (no deletion from device to server and no sync of deletion to device) ONLY PUSH! Z10 is a great phone but with missing PUSH ONLY feature its another great smartphone!

So your best choice is to have a new vm or server with FREE 5.0.4 Express and simmply transfer your users! Wont even need reactivation or anything and have both up at same time if needed. We had 4.1 professional and moved to BEX 5.0.4 which has a better handling of email features (keeps actual outlook formatting ) I have a guide on my blog