Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch & Z10
My Carrier: Monaco Telecom

Re: Deleting of Emails on handheld vs desktop...

[ Edited ]

PS I know that some companies or shipping companies due to centralized single mailbox, and BES luck of allowing multiple devices to log to single mailbox had and have to create multiple BB mboxes to forward ALL emails from main box to bb mboxes. Imagine having 30k emails a month and 10+ users how fast exchange db will grow unless you have scripts to clean this mboxes.

The only PUSH feature was great cause you can have the emails on BB and cleanup the extra mboxes. THE MAIN mailbox also remains untouched! :-)

I have implemented many setups and researched possible solutions.

Another workaround we are looking is to forward main mbox to a GMAIL account (instead tens of bb mboxes) and then using SSL ACtive sync to connect by ANDROID phones to this mbox on GMAIL via K9 or TOUCHDOWN clients. So imagine that having PUSH ONLY via ANDROID client and only a single mailbox that ANDROID CLIENT user can connect! Saves space/time/money and no need for BBs!

Only thing to be fixed is the SSL connection or GMAIL outgoing server setup to use corp mail server! by the way above setup can have same display name as your original main box when you send and have a reply address as main one (not GMAIL) and masking your GMAIL!

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: attiaiscad those

As I said, my old BB Bold would allow me to delete from device and leave on the server... I wish I had not upgraded and now I will look to trade for IPhone. Either way, this dance around the desired function leave me away from Blackberry in all future company choices. Goodbye forever liar!

New Contributor

BB Bold on BEX 5.0.4 can do fine the way you wanted as before. BEX is free and with free lics. Just install and you are up and running. No need to go to crappy Iphone. For messaging orig BB concept is unbeatable.

Contributor

I can tell by the company responses and the earlier lie about receiving an email that you want me to use a rig/fix from third party. Of course… I knew that! YOU DON’T HAVE IT TOGETHER! So lie on and tell customers to use patches and fixes but I will shop for a better device.

Contributor

One giant step back for mankind! Work was easier with earlier versions of Blackberry. Once upon a time you could go through your spam while setting on a park bench and it would never make it to your inbox at work. Secondly, you could delete from device leaving a copy on server. Blackberry didn’t think we needed these features so they left them off the Z10. Once confronted that at least I needed these features Blackberry only gives “work around” or third party patch fixes or applications. Compounded with the earlier lie post “i received an email from BB support and they claim that with new BES 10 server, we will again have this ability to leave emails on the desktop” you can write me off of Blackberry until they do a update fixing this. At that time I will remove this post from FaceBook, Google and wherever else I can post it today!

New Contributor

I am a bit confused.

Which lie and which email are you refering too? Are you in generally just talking down about BB? Nobody told you to use a third party!

I am an IT consultant and we are not happy with PUSH ONLY feature missing from BES 10!

My posts, in case your replies are towards me are simply workarounds we are checking in our company to minimize size wasted on Exchange and accomodate Android devices without having to implements BES 10!

FYR I have implemented succesfully BDS, BMS & UDS on VM production enviroment and having an old BB Pro service running in parallel. BEXpress 5.0.4 does a great job and its way better than v4

As far as BlackBerry, you have to be fair and check before just shouting. 

BES 10 may not be a product that is up to your standards or the way we all were used to so far but still a great product with other potential for a great phone as Z10!

BEXpress is more than fine and FREE to use for accomodating your needs!

If your furtsration is that you wanted to use Z10 and cant because it is not compatible with BEX 5.0.4 its another story.

Simply what I am saying to assist you, if you DO want the BB standard feature simply use BEX 5.0.4 rather stay on v4 and still can use great phones like the BOLD or the newer TORCH!

No need to go to BES yet unless BB promotes the old style of email handling! 

And if you do want to go on Iphone its up to you. 

I really dont understand why the furstration if BB did a different commercial decision. It is their decision and risk.

I like BES 10, the application handling, the ported Android apps than can run on Z10 etc but full blown corp migration I still need the PUSH ONLY feature of the BEX 5.0.4 and older!

Hopefully BB will listed to its market and will give us what back what we always choose on BB over the rest services! or Maybe MS will come up with something to disable deletion on Server or a rule/policy that can do that.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I won't be responding again. Appparently you're employeed by Blackberry or pitching your own company; either way, the Z10 lacks the features I grew to like and need and now I wonder if Apple is full of what you are!

New Contributor

Smiley Very Happy You are funny! Ok no prob John. FYR I am the IT Director of Maritime co and running my own co too. If you bothered to look up the blog you d know. By the way are you an experienced IT or just an angry end user? Good luck with iphone and owa handling. Sorry for taking your time.
My Device: .

Hi all,

Let's try to keep this thread on-topic. Please refrain from any personal attacks, sometimes it is best to agree to disagree and move on to the next topic :smileyhappy:

Thanks for your cooperation,

ChadB
Community Moderator
New Contributor

Tottally agree. If you want I can delete my replies to john. dont know why i got the attack. Apologies