Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 STL100-2
My Carrier: Velcom Belarus

Device PIN Blocked

Hello. One day i found this message on the screen of my Z10 smarthhone:

"Device PIN Blocked" 

What should I do? The device was bought in the shop brand new with all the original accessories and the box. 

My PIN is 24f19c55, IMEI is 354010055499934.

What should I do to unblock my PIN and make it never happen again? All my work is in the phone. 

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Device PIN Blocked

Step 1: Edit your post to remove your PIN and IMEI (posting them is against forums policy).

Step 2: Return your phone to the place of purchase and get them to either contact BlackBerry to unblock it or exchange the phone for another. If they can't get it unblocked and you get your phone exchanged, I hope you've done a data backup with BlackBerry Link.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Sorry, I didn't see that. I'll do the Step 1 when I'll get the computer.

I'm from Belarus, and though I have no ability to do the Step 2. Is there any another way?
Elite II

BlackBerry is the only one that is capable of unblocking a blocked PIN and they will only do it if the PIN hasn't been reported stolen or has otherwise been blacklisted. You have to get in touch with Velcom Belarus to have them escalate you to BlackBerry for resolution. Only BlackBerry can resolve this for you and only Velcom can connect you to BlackBerry at no cost to you.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

It happend once at past, I wrote to them and the problem was resolved, but now they just don't answer.

My provider cannot do that because there is no official BlackBerry support in our fabulous republic. So that's why I wrote here.
Highlighted
Elite II

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, the only method for unblocking your phone is by having BlackBerry do it for you. If Velcom Belarus is your service provider, they would be your only access to BlackBerry at no charge to you. The only reason they would be able to refuse help in this matter is if you didn't purchase the phone from them. If you did get the phone from them, they are obligated to transfer you to BlackBerry. If you didn't, you might be out of luck as far as free help from BlackBerry is concerned. No matter what, only BlackBerry can unblock it for you. If you can't get anywhere with Velcom, it might be easier and cheaper to get another BlackBerry second-hand instead.

I hope that clarifies things for you. Smiley Happy