Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q5
My Carrier: Tele2
Accepted Solution

Disable "swipe-to-unlock" function?

I'm having a big problem with the swipe-to-unlock feature of my BlackBerry Q5. The feature I'm talking about is the one which lets you unlock the phone by swiping from the bottom of the screen even while the display is turned off. On paper this seems like a great gimmick but in reality it's one of those features that makes me regret buying a BB10 device.

The problem is that the display has such high touch sensitivity that it registers touch events through the pocket fabrics. I have on more than one occassion been calling people from my pocket and taken a couple of hundreds of photos of the inside of my pocket, without knowing it.

I can't seem to find a way to turn off this function, maybe you know some hack that makes it possible? I'm seriously considering buying another device.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q5
My Carrier: Tele2

Re: Disable "swipe-to-unlock" function?

Sorry for bothering you. I found a forum thread from someone with the same problem. The solution already exists in Settings>Display>Swipe to Wake.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Unconscious-Emergency-Call/t...

Anyway, it's still a pretty bad feature, but at least now I can turn it off. Kudos BlackBerry!

My Device: BlackBerry Clasic
My Carrier: Rogers

I disabled Swipe to Unlock per the instructions above on my BlackBerry Clasic. Nothing changed even after a reboot.

Has anyone else had this problem?

New Developer
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: -

There's another solution too -- an app named PocketSafe. You can find it in BB World.

My Device: BlackBerry Clasic
My Carrier: Rogers

After checking more it appears the swipe to unlock did change when I disabled it. The swipe to unlock however becomes active again if any number key or the track button is pressed. I am trying to use a holster so these keys are pressed most of the time when taking it out. I almost deleted over 600 emails!!! I have abandoned the holster until I find a fix.
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: globacom nigeria

Notification bar on the home screen is locked. I can't set up blackberry protect from my home screen. This was after I updated to 10.3.1
Contributor

Notification bar on the home screen is locked. I can't not set up blackberry protect from my home screen. This was after I updated to 10.3.2
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

joshua37 wrote:
Notification bar on the home screen is locked. I can't set up blackberry protect from my home screen. This was after I updated to 10.3.1

@joshua37

You've copy/pasted the same line in about 5-6 different threads, none of which relate to your issue.

Your thread is here: 

notification bar

Please post there, with details of your issue and quit hi-jacking other threads.

Thanks for understanding.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

So sorry about that.
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

But no more information?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code