Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
My Device: BLACKBERRY Q10
My Carrier: Sprint

Disappointed with Blackberry O/S 10 that it does not support Outlook Web Access via Blackberry Internet Service!!!! :-(

Today I ordered Blackberry Q10 from Sprint - and I was doing some investigation and found that I am not able to use Blackberry Internet Service to access my work email. I called Sprint to cancel my order. It is shame that I will no longer be able to get my work email -because my company does not support Blackberry or will never get Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync. I praised Blackberry and told others how wonderful this feature is. But it seems I may have to stick with my very old Blackberry Style 9670 wiith a terrible memory leak and only 512MB RAM just so I can communicate with my work email. I wanted Q10 very bad  - but now it seems I will not be able to NEVER get a new Blackberry any longer. Unless I purchase the Blackberry Bold 9930 and keep that for awhile even though it only comes wiht 798MB of RAM.

It is a dirty shame - people who will not have access to their work Outlook Exchange unless the company purchases ActiveSync -- so it gives consumers like me no choice whatsoever for how I get my email. What Blackberry is doing is forcing out consumers like me no choice in phones. Even though I HATE iPHONE and ANDROID, this may be the only choices I have. Blackberry is secure reason why I like it.

But now Blackberry loyal customers like me will never be able to purchase a new Blackberry with operating system 10.

Too bad - I reallly do not now what to do.. I am lost.

I wish Blackberry will reconsider - because they will lose the market big time and will be in more trouble with trying to get new buyers of their phones. They have removed the flexibility from the phones by making this terrible decision.

TOO BAD!!!!!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Disappointed with Blackberry O/S 10 that it does not support Outlook Web Access via Blackberry Internet Service!!!! :-(

Hello,

Yes, indeed it is a shame. But what is a greater shame is that your IT Admins/Management adopt so much Microsoft stuff but refuse to take the very tiny step to add EAS onto OWA...it's simple, and usually already built in just needing to be activated. What a shame indeed.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................