Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Orange

Distribution lists or Groups

Hi, please can someone explain how to create a group within contacts on BB10.  I cant find it for love nor money how to add multiple people together so I only have to send out one text message.

Cant believe this functionality was removed with BB10.

Cheers

R.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Distribution lists or Groups

There is no option for groups in BB10 as of yet. You can send a text to multiple contacts but you have to add them manually each time you send a text.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Orange

Thanks for your reply, I know how to add multiples - things is this is basic stuff in lower BB OS's so why no ability to create groups ?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Many things were left out from lower BBOS devices. I couldn't tell you why.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Agree - loved my BOLD for the ability to send e-mails to group distribution lists that had been created in Outlook - this is a critical flaw in the Q10 - makes me want to go back to my BOLD.  Is anybody from RIM listening???