Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Tim

Does bb q10 support the APN blackberry.net?

I checked in my new bb q10 and the APN is the one of my telephone company. I'm receiving lots of sms from them telling me that my bundles are already ended. Using my previous bb 9810 it never happened. The telephone company told me that my new qq 10 doesn't support the APN blackberry.net and this Will increase my costs! How it is possibile? Please confirm me that my new Q10 can support the APN blackberry.net and it isn't like a normal Samsung like the operator explained me, otherwise I wasted my money! I'll go back to my old torch! Thanks for your reply!
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Does bb q10 support the APN blackberry.net?

Hello,

Legacy BBs use BIS. BB10 does not use BIS, but rather uses "generic" data plans from the carriers. Hence, what you desire is not possible with BB10. It is a pity you did not fully research before buying.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Tim

Thank you for your reply. I tried to put blackberry.net in the APN in my q10 bb and it works. Then I spoke with my carrier and the operator this time confirmed me that the q10 uses BIS or generic plan, so I can go on using my data plan both form national both for international data. Now I'm happy that q10 is a traditional blackberry I always loved!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I'm glad that it worked for you. But the careful subtlety here is that it is carrier-dependent, not device-dependent. From what I have seen, some carriers can support what you describe. Other carriers cannot.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................