Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Q10SQN100-3/10.1.0.1720
My Carrier: Vodafone In

E-mails not going

Whenever trying to send e-mail from my e-mail address of yahoo ; Gmail and my POP/IMAP mail is not working. Whenever I send an e-mail it shows an error message 'Protocol Layer unable to send the message'
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: E-mails not going

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

There are multiple public KBs that discuss that error. Rather than listing them all here, I suggest you go here:

Search on the exact error message. Inspect the resulting articles to see if one applies to your specific situation.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Dear Sir ; No solution found on the link provided by you.
Again my error is only while sending e-mail to any e-mail (with attachment or without attachment). A Red Colored (minus) sign arrives instead of Tick (indicating sent) then wen again press Resend button the error message 'Protocol Layer was unable to send the message'

Thanks please help it's urgent. As now I'm feeling it's worthless to buy Q10 as it's waste of time :'(. As if phone is of 500£. Nd can't send e-mail's then what to do.
New Contributor

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

No solution, among all of the KBs that list that error? As I recall, there were at least 5...perhaps more.

In any event, your next step would be removing all email accounts, rebooting your device, and re-integrating your email accounts one-by-one, testing each to ensure that it works fully before proceeding to the next one.

Beyond that, you could try wiping and reloading your OS, as well as seeking formal support (from your mobile service provider, your original place of purchase, or an authorized service center -- it varies by region and issue).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................