Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Ear buds

I am trying to figure out why , when I purchased a "Z10".......Blackberry went the cheap way and gave a cheap set of earbuds.  These don't even qualify as earbuds. They hurt after only 5 minutes of wear and are of poor quality material( made of hard plastic). 

If you take the time to make a quality product, why not an accessory that compliments the product. I use my Z10 for many purposes and the main reason is for the gym.

But this is put on hold and I am using an mp3 player with better earbuds that came with the product.

"What happened to the earbuds from the torch 9800?" .  Now they worked great.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Ear buds

Good day

Welcome to BB forums

First off I wanted to start by saying that NO one at Blackberry will be reading your complaint I been using the headphones (Ear buds) since I got the Z10 I have no problems what so ever.

If you've problem with your head phones you can always get another one that fits your needs & if you still have headphones from Torch 9800 you can use those if you like.

Ah, Rob I think you have issues. But unless you want cheap quality earplugs for an expensive piece of equipment, all the power to you.

All I was merely pointing out that the Torch and also the Q10 have great earplugs but the Z10 missed the mark.

I enjoy using the Z10, so don't make a mountain out of a mole hill
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

I see I see, but I got Z10 & Q10 are the same headphones if I'm not mistaken I got the same one in both my packages.

Were they made of hard plastic? Or soft material?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

my Z10 ones are hard plastic and they do hurt my ears and my kids too

My Q10 did have teh soft ones and work much better for me

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
New Contributor

I went to liquidation world and got the soft ear buds for only $5..... so that's saying something for quantity not quality. BlackBerry should pay close attention.