Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Email Auto Complete

I do not know if there is any effort to add an option for that.
But I do know that one of the leverage can be applied on BlackBerry through the carrier hotline.

If enough subscribers complain to their carriers, at some point the carriers will complain to BlackBerry.

And this can shift the priority of this enhancement feature.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Rather than adding another thread of identical content to the forums: The recent 10.2.1.2102 update didn't resolve this either. This problem is all over the forums, and the web (BBForums, CBerry etc) and yes I used the search function to check for potential workarounds:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels&q=email+suggestio...

KB34771 is an unacceptable response.

Is there any way we can get a Dev to give us a concrete answer on whether this is a feature under consideration at least? I'm a Sysadmin who uses BB's for work and personal use and I can't believe this has not been resolved yet after users complaining since OS10 released. I despise this current functionality with regards to the email suggestions. It's a security issue as well.

There needs to be some sort of functionality on the forums (e.g. a feedback meter that polls the number of posts/views for a particular issue) to streamline the reporting and resolution of bugs, OS content additions/modifications etc. in my opinion. I am going to contact my carrier as recommended, but it's an inefficient process that again provides no status updates...

New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

I just spoke with my carrier and they told me because this is listed as an internal OS10 feature, no carrier will have or be able to put any leverage on BlackBerry to expedite the resolution.

I was advised to contact BlackBerry directly. At this point what is the best way to get the community's efforts focused to affect the change?

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

Well over a year since this was originally reported and it continues to be an issue. I would say that I'm stunned but that wouldn't be accurate. It seems that people are becoming more and more accustomed to disappointment from BlackBerry and that is indeed a sad state of affairs.

I am an Enterprise customer and a long time BB supporter - I fought to keep my company a strictly BB shop, but it is becoming all but impossible to try to say anything positive about these devices given BB's approach to service and repair of *CORE* functionality within the device.

We are now being presented with yet another new device that nobody asked for while ancient functional problems remain unaddressed - is this the grand plan we've been hearing about to get BB out of hot water? I wish them best of luck...

Contributor

While I tend to share your disappointment in the slowness of BB to respond with improvements I must point out that the most recent OS10 update fixes this email suggestion issue.

I have 10.2.1.2991 and it no longer suggest addresses that are not part of my address book...

New Contributor

I'm running 10.2.1.2977 and it remains an issue.

I've tried adding the mystery e-mail address to a contact and deleting the contact to no avail. The reference to the e-mail address doesn't exist anywhere within Outlook and when I search the BB for the e-mail address that it helpfully suggests, it doesn't come up with anything.

The reason this is such a pain is because the address in question has the same portion before the '@' for a person I am in constant contact with but the domain is wrong on the erroneous entry. Despite the fact that I only ever use the functional address, if I'm not paying attention when typing up a message, it will go to the bad domain by default, bounce, and then I need to resend.

It isn't exactly a show stopper, but to include a feature like suggested contacts but have exactly zero provision to manage it in any way seems like a half thought-out idea, not a feature.

I'm going off of my own experience and research into the matter, I hope to be proven wrong and find out there is a quick and easy solution. If KB34771 is all that is available to us as an answer as BBZoMb1e suggests, then it seems like a glaring omission.

New Contributor

Meant to add that BB Link / my Q10 do not see any update past 10.2.1.2977 (I've removed the battery, tried updating Link etc.)...
New Contributor
My Device: Z10, Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

I'm in agreement that this isn't a show stopper but for what is supposed to be an OS for business users the "feature" of showing incorrect email addresses without being able to clean them up isn't acceptable.

My OS is 10.2.1.3014

This and a number of items involving Blackberry Sync will make this my last Blackberry if they aren't resolved.

This is my fourth model and up until this one they have worked great with the user having the ability to customize and fix items. 

I'm very disappointed.

Super Contributor
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: vodafone UK

Hello all,

Just clear your emmail folder out of the spam, junk and all sort of not wanted, not needed and not important emails. I don't have that problem as I always keep my mail clean and tidy.

Regards.
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
New Contributor
My Device: Z10, Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Nice notification system they have here.  Two days later.

I've cleared all references to the old Email address that can be found in the email folder, restarted the phone, and it still finds the non existent Email address when forwarding.

I also have an instance where I get an Email and it points to an incorrect contact.  : (

The software at this point in just junk and doesn't perform well enough to be considered reliable.  : (

Very frustrating that what used to be a great platform is now just too poor to use reliably.