Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9860
My Carrier: Rogers

Email client functionality.

Because BIS is not available on BB10, I was forced to get rid of my @rogers.blackberry.net address. The new BB way is to use only web based or exchange type mail service. However, I need the ability to forward emails to the phone only. I can live with the manual copy/removal of emails from a web based server to a "local" folder on the phone, however, this is not available to me today.  Ther is no way to create a local folder for email archival. The BB10 os lacks an email client, on OS7 my @blackberry.net address would benefit from a full line of email client preferences for signature and the setup of a "reply to" address. This is totally inexistent on BB10. It needs to come back!! Cloud services and web based applications are the trend right now, however, local email clients where the emails are not accessible to any hacker with too much time on his hands, where I can have all my stuff in my own secure pocket, is still a required feature for many. 

The company that gave us "your email client in your pocket" is taking it back and telling us "use web based apps that everybody else is using"?? I find it hard to believe.

Are there plans for a email client app for local management of emails on BB10?? I understand it cannot send emails because of BIS's death, however it could be use for local email storage, and reply function could open the main email imap or pop account for sending it out.

Thanks,

New Contributor
My Device: 9860
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Email client functionality.

Ok, finally, pop started to work as it is supposed to. Setting up a intermediate gmail instead of yahoo gave the proper functionality. Now emails are sent to the phone and deleted from the gmail server once received on the phone. Saddly this happens only every 15 minutes, but i can live with that.

Now if i can get rid of the "Sent by" / "Sent on behalf" message when replying through the gmail smtp using my work email address, all will be as before, read as os7.. so much pain i wish BIS was not ditched..