Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Orange UK
Accepted Solution

Email delete on device only option

Been with BB for years and just moved from 9900 Bold to Q10. When I delete an email on Q10, it automatically deletes it from the device and server, without the option to delete it from the device only.

I get many emails that can't be dealt with on the device due to attachments etc so need to look at them on my Mac at a later date but don't want them clogging up my Blackberry inbox. Is there any way to change this setting in the device as I'm going to have to go back to my Bold otherwise. I've explored the settings with my email accounts and discovered nothing can be done there.

Thank you

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Email delete on device only option

Correct, at least for now. I believe BlackBerry will be adding that function, but they haven't yet.

If you're on an IMAP account, you can for now, FILE those messages to a different folder, and then hide filed messages from the Hub view.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Orange UK

Thanks for the note. Shame they haven't included this feature in BB10 and I have to say how disappointed I am with the new software compared to the software on my Bold. They accept that many BB users don't like a touch screen so bring out the Q10, but then force you to use the touch screen for everything except typing the letters.  I'm not a kid that wants a device for games etc - I use it for calls, emails, texts and a few basic apps, like many business people. That being said, the email problem is a major problem for me so I'm getting a refund and going back to the Bold. Great shame as BB have been brilliant over the years but not so much now.

Thank you.

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

ActiveSync mirrors your email on the server exactly.

You can file a message you don't want to see, if you're on IMAP.

This sure isn't a deal killer for me, for such a much better device for me, for my business. No kid here.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: +Movil

yesterdat i faced somrthing like this all my emails from my yahoo and hotmail and gmail got deleted from my Z10,and so i opened my emails directly from the mail servers that is yahoo,gmail,hotmail and also foud that it has been deleated.i cant get it back dont know what happened.but it started getting deleated from my Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

I am using ActiveSync for my work Exchange, because they have not updated our BES to support OS10. I use Hotmail for my personal email. .

I was very surprised by the behavior having been very accustomed to deleting messages on the device and having it not affect them on the server, except to show if they had been read. I would not have expected it to delete in both locations as a default behavior. In Hotmail, there is an option not to allow another app to delete email, but it doesn't work for the Z10 connection. It must see that the same way as a direct web/browser connection.

I have been using the method of saving to a folder as a workaround, because I like to scan my emails but actually read and respond to them later from a PC. Mostly this has worked OK, although it's not quite as nice as the old behavior. I would be OK with this, but I have noticed that sometimes filed messages stay in the Hub and in their respective mailboxes, even though they are not supposed to display. Maybe I need to experiment more with the sync options.

--
Andrea James