Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Exchange Active Sync Issues, is there a bug?

[ Edited ]

Hi

I just got the Z10 (updated to 10.0.10.85, fido).  Bear with me as I try and explain the issue.  I have four email acounts, 2 GMail, Outlook.com (using EAS), university's exchagne 2010 server. Gmail and outlook work fine.  However, the exchange2010 server is bery buggy.  It frequently does not sync properly with the server, ie read message becomes unread 2 minutes later, deleted messages reappear.  Often it doesn't show up in the hub at all.  At other times it works fine.  I can check email through the owa on the phone browswer fine, and my android tablet can use the same EAS account without these difficulties.  I have checked the settings between EAS on android and z10, they are the same.  I have tried changing a few settings, including turning off push, and disabling tasks and memos, and lowering the sync timeframe to 1 day.  So far it works best with push on, sync timeframe 1 day and tasks and memos off (i believe they are not used on android so maybe this is where the problem lies?)

Does anyone else have similar problems or any suggestions/workarounds? Is this a known bug yet?

PS: I'm using it mainly over Wifi so far (same as tablet).  I can always switch to IMAP for this account but that would not be ideal. Thanks

Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Exchange Active Sync Issues, is there a bug?

You are not alone.

Because many are experiencing the same or similar EAS issues, let me advise you to call your Fido technical support and report these issues. They might assist you (with Fido, likely not Smiley Sad ).

However, ask the Fido support to please ESCALATE your issue up to RIM level tech support. Get an incident number and a phone number for the issue escalation. You may need to force Fido, or "strongly" encourage them to do this.

RIM needs to hear from uses on these exact issues.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Carrier: Fido

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply.  Haven't had a chance to get in contact with anyone at Fido yet.  But I have noticed now that I stopped syncing tasks and memos there are no more difficulties for a couple days now.  If anyone else out there is having similar issues give that a try...

New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

I missed your post this morning and I made a separate and similar post. I did escalate the issue with my carrier on jsanders advice but doubt i'll hear anything in the short term. In the meantime, i'll try your suggestion.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Well in my limited use, it seems to have worked for me as well. Email is nearly instant and contacts calendar update very quickly.

Interesting workaround as there are no tasks or memos in bb10, just the new remember app which likely isn't synced.

Thx for posting.