Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 & Blackberry Playbook

Facebook is now an O/S component?

I downloaded the update on Telus yesterday to BB 10.0.10.672 (Software release 10.0.10.85) and then had a smaller software update immediately after. The smaller update appears to have installed Facebook on my device. No big deal, I can just delete it, but it doesn't matter if I delete it from the device, or through the App World (even using the "delete" option since i don't want to install it), I get a notification a few hours later telling me that there is a Software Update for my phone, and it turns out to be Facebook.

Is there any way that I can uninstall Facebook without it prompting me to install it again? Or is there perhaps an option to hide icons for applications that you don't want but have to keep installed so it stops nagging you?

Thanks!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Facebook is now an O/S component?

Hi Johnbd,

Yes Facebook for BlackBerry is automatically installed with the updates as application updates can be applied during the update as well.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 & Blackberry Playbook

Re: Facebook is now an O/S component?

Cpt_Sweatpants wrote:

Yes Facebook for BlackBerry is automatically installed with the updates as application updates can be applied during the update as well.

Thanks Cpt_Sweatpants. So, for the second part of the question, am I missing something painfully obvious, or is it not possible to uninstall Facebook without being prompted to reinstall it automatically as Operating System update? For the time being I have a "Crapplications" folder on it's own screen out of the way of apps that are useful Smiley Happy , but my preference would be to not even have Facebook installed and not be nagged to install it