Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
03-20-2013 08:14 AM
03-21-2013 05:55 AM
03-21-2013 06:00 AM
03-21-2013 06:48 AM
03-21-2013 03:53 PM
Love the Play On DLNA feature to send music to my Networked AVR, but I want to send Pandora-like streams to it, not just media on my phone. I can do that with Airplay.
Also miss SmartWifi which turns on Wifi in set places based on cell phone towers. Use it to turn on my wifi automatically as I enter the office. Apparently the developer cannot port it to OS10.
Exceptions in Bedside mode to allow calls from only selected contacts through. So my wife can call me in an emergency when I'm sleeping overseas, but not someone else. Or I'll hope for a Do Not Disturb app before.
03-22-2013 08:43 AM
03-22-2013 10:03 AM
Bring back the Application Management app that was on my BB 9700. I miss all of the information that it provided by application, e.g. Applications, CPU, Usage, Memory and Application Storage.
03-22-2013 10:24 AM
03-22-2013 10:54 AM
I have 3 feature Requests from the CEO of our company that has used Blackberries for a while.
1. The vibration option is a pretty big deal for me. I hate having phones ring in a work environment, and actually ask people to silent them in a meeting. Previously, I could have a distinctive vibration which would tell me there is something I should check asap. Ideally, the feature would allow distinction between individuals….ie. I might set something from my Board Chair at so many long and/or short etc.
2. On the BBM typing screen…. I would strongly suggest moving the “Send” button up near the top, similar to the email screen. The placement of the “send button is right next to the backspace, voice command, and enter…. Regularly I accidently send a message as I am working to make corrections …. I find it hard to believe that issue never came up in any of their testing.
3. One other feature which is more annoying is that the contact list is not near as clean as the previous version. This device adds names from others who send messages… and the data is messy since there may be 3 or more files per individual, which I did not set up, resulting from upper and lower case, phone vs. bb vs. email, etc. I would prefer an option which I could select from such as outlook has…. Ie. I can chose contacts, or suggested contacts, etc.
4. Bring back the ability to delete only on your device or on both
03-23-2013 06:24 AM
1. I should be able to 'Forward As' email an SMS message. It should contain the name or numbers of the original SMS recipients, the date and time stamp of the forwarded message, plus of course the original SMS.
2. I should be able to send SMSes to unregistered numbers (e.g., dialed or missed calls) without having to save a phone book entry for that #.
3. Need to have the ability to create group lists to automate sending group SMSes or emails.
4. Ability to use carriage return when composing SMS messages.
5. Ability to use speed dial from the main home screen using the similar long keypad press on old BBs, e.g. the BB9900.
6. Option to synchronize with Mac notes and task list.
7. Single key-press to change Profile from the main screen.
1. Include a numeric or % display of the battery life from the main and lock screens. (Real or near real-time weather, news or stock info would be nice options too.)
2. Texts should be displayed and magnified on top of the texts being magnified/selected as it is currently obstructed by the selection finger in its current implementation.
3. Improve Maps application. Takes too long to load. Include turn-by-turn navigation.
4. Ability to choose default Internet search engine.