Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Solutions: 6,358
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

mirjohns wrote:

-send verizon the new BB10 software update soon...

Verizon has the upgraded 10.0.10.xx OS, they just have not released it yet.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64GB, Z10, HS-700 Headset

Sync Interval for email has a minimum time frame of 15 minutes.  That is too long; I loved receiving emails almost instantaneously on my old Torch. I am constantly pressing Refresh button to see if I have received any email. 

Regular Contributor
My Device: LEAP and Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

I've been saying that since I got my Z10 March 22nd. BB Traffic is a great app. BB map is similar to Garmin and other navigation systems. BB Traffic is unique.

I WANT MY BB TRAFFIC BB 10 OS.
New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Movistar Venezuela

1. The ability to send an SMS, BBM, Whatssup or call to any phone number (known or unknown, that is: on my contacts list or not) that appears on my missed or received calls screen, with just  touching and holding the number. There is enough space on the side bar to put the necessary icons. As of today, I have to touch and hold the number, tap on the info icon, and select call or text.
  2. The ability to close each or all the browser pages opened that appears each time I open the browser. Again, there is enough space in the side bar that appears when you hold the touch on any history page.
  3. That each time I lock the phone via pressing the top button and unlock it , I see all the running apps minimized in the home screen. At the moment, if I lock the phone, unlocking it all I see is the screen that I left before locking
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

[ Edited ]

1. Make deleting items from the Hub faster.  Coming from a bold 9930, my email productivity is greatly impacted by the speed of frequent operations.  Prefer anything that doesn't involve a long press, as it is slow.

Suggestion 1:  Make a gesture for deleting an email (ie, swipe left side of item to the left)

Suggestion 2: Add a trash can icon to the bar on the bottom of the hub, press it and then each email has a trash icon on it (like app icons do when long pressing), press that and it is deleted with the ability to have no further confirmations.

Suggestion 3. Add a trash icon to each email when doing a long press, like the app icons on the main pages.

2. Improve BlackBerry Link's device switch capability.

• Transfer ringtone settings, contact specific settings, and tones
  • Retain original date on media (pictures, videos, etc.)
  • Add ability to import files and media on memory card into device and delete old pre-bb10 folders and files from media card so only relevant files and folders are there from now on. 

3. Ability to delete email off phone but not off of the server.

4. Add the ability to edit the browser's "speed dial" links on the home page.  It just appears to add more to the list each time you click the "Add to Home Screen" button from a page.

5. Bring back instantaneous email.  If this means a server doing the email checking constantly and notifying the phone when something is available (similar to BIS), then by all means do it.

6. BlackBerry balance without BES.  Balance looks awesome, but without a willing IT dept to install BES, possibly the phone's strongest feature goes completely unnoticed and unenjoyed.  Perhaps make an optional server/BES (similar to what I mentioned in #5) that users could connect to and configure balance from the phone themselves?

Regular Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: telkomsel

Ability to select text from bbm right now all we can do is select all copy paste then edit. And to edit is such pain in the **bleep** to move the cursor at the right position.
Regular Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: telkomsel

* sorry I mean bbm broadcast.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

@syplex, I'll try to answer some of these (again...), but I'm, not touching Link with a 10' pole. Smiley Wink

syplex wrote:

1. Make deleting items from the Hub faster.  Coming from a bold 9930, my email productivity is greatly impacted by the speed of frequent operations.  Prefer anything that doesn't involve a long press, as it is slow.

Suggestion 1:  Make a gesture for deleting an email (ie, swipe left side of item to the left)

Suggestion 2: Add a trash can icon to the bar on the bottom of the hub, press it and then each email has a trash icon on it (like app icons do when long pressing), press that and it is deleted with the ability to have no further confirmations.

Suggestion 3. Add a trash icon to each email when doing a long press, like the app icons on the main pages.

Try reading this post in this thread, written to answer the same thing previously. New methods and with a little practice they work great.
3.Ability to delete email off phone but not off of the server.
Until this is changed by Blackberry (aparently in the works), you will need to file the messages instead of deleting them. Don't forget to turn off "Show filed messages" in the hub settings.

4. Add the ability to edit the browser's "speed dial" links on the home page.  It just appears to add more to the list each time you click the "Add to Home Screen" button from a page.

What you are referring to as the speed dial links i think are simply your last visited pages, this can only be changed to an actual "Home Page" of your liking in the settings.

The "add icons to your homescreen"  bookmarking choice gives you a link on your Home Screen amongst your apps. This is a great and very useful feature, it allows you to create mini-"apps" to mobile websites (great for mobile banking!) Make a page of them and file them in folders right on your homescreen. Smiley Happy

5. Bring back instantaneous email.  If this means a server doing the email checking constantly and notifying the phone when something is available (similar to BIS), then by all means do it.

My email is instantaneous, I am using a simple IMAP service that supports Push (P-IMAP). If your email provider isn't providing that yet, maybe you should push them to support it? My email is actually showing up faster on my Z10 than it is on my desktop about 99.8% of the time. Smiley Wink

6. BlackBerry balance without BES.  Balance looks awesome, but without a willing IT dept to install BES, possibly the phone's strongest feature goes completely unnoticed and unenjoyed.  Perhaps make an optional server/BES (similar to what I mentioned in #5) that users could connect to and configure balance from the phone themselves?

This would be interesting, but not sure if we will ever see it, unless it becomes a paid service. I'm sure that at some point an email hosting company will start supplying BES10 accounts on their servers..

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

dragonbz wrote:
Ability to select text from bbm right now all we can do is select all copy paste then edit. And to edit is such pain in the **bleep** to move the cursor at the right position.

@dragonbz, you need to learn to use the full functionality of the modifier circle! Smiley Wink

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Solutions: 6,358
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

dragonbz wrote:

This is correct as you state, in BBM, you can select only all of the message posted. I don't see a way to select with the selection tool, only a portion of it. Touch and holding the text will select all, and the right side popup copy function.
 I am not sure the other user here understands what you're asking.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code