Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

All that's required to edit text is to touch the area near where you want the edit to take place. A bubble appears with a verticle line in it. You can then drag the bubble so that the line is where you want the edit to start, and then begin. You can add, change, delete, or copy or paste. It's really easy.

Wayne Rash

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

wrash wrote:

All that's required to edit text is to touch the area near where you want the edit to take place. A bubble appears with a verticle line in it. You can then drag the bubble so that the line is where you want the edit to start, and then begin. You can add, change, delete, or copy or paste. It's really easy.

Wayne Rash

Right, that's been covered in many other threads.

This is a feature request thread...
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: -
My Carrier: -

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Call recording?

Regular Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: telkomsel

Thank you Drewread, Jsanders, Wrash.
@Jsanders yes, I hope it can be fixed in next update.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I would like to be able to send SMS and MMS messages to multiple recipients and not have each recipient see phone numbers for all other recipients.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

1. Must have a way to create contact groups or catagories. Can't use the phone until that works!

2. A way to put email icons on app screen.

3. Customize fonts size, bold, color etc. on email signitures.

4. Calandar landscape mode.

5. Phone to stay on last screen when going back. I like to keep it on the dial pad, for example.

6. More option for the clock. I like the LCD digital display style for example.

7. Include more OEM tones.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Tmobile

[ Edited ]

bring back everything that was in the last bb 9900 , cant understand why blackberry would make a new phone and eliminate all the fundamental features that got ppl to buy their product in the 1st place. Maybe I'm crazy here but i think it would make sence to improve on whats working not eliminate it .

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: at&t

[ Edited ]

Not so! I've never used or needed BIS. Using IMAP on Yahoo, and from my trusty ol' Bold 9700, I would select either 'delete from handheld or both'.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 9900 + Z30 (STA 100-5)
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

JSanders wrote:

mamario62 wrote:

There are people that claimed for right problems as few sounds alarm but people like me that CANNOT use Z10 because of critical problems mainly with Blackberry Link: no backup, no sync with PC etc.

There are other threads on both of those issues. And, they've both been previously mentioned redundantly IN this thread.

mamario62 wrote:

Hope in a official reply.

Very doubtful in this thread. This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here.

If you need official support, contact your mobile provider.

Let's stay ON-topic in this thread, please.

Is RIM/BB really expecting carrier to relay every single issue to Blackberry? Are they confident that carrier will even pool the requests and submit them in a nice condenced report? I seriously doubt it.

Is there anyway for us all to get together and make a big list, instead of pages and pages of forums, and then submit it to Blackberry directly? I am sure they woule be happy to hear from users, and eventually may go "Duh! How did I forget to include that feature, thanks for letting us know"..  It would benefit everyone.

I also saw other platforms/manufacturers have feature request on their consumer relation portals, once a feature request or a problem is posted, it is open to public and users vote it up and manufacturer gets a chance to respond if they are considering it, planning it, or confirmed that they added it..  So far, I am a member of nearly 10 different mobile platform forums, and they all have 100s of requests, complaints, issues, etc.. and all are valid, not counting the trouble-makers who post "why isn't the camera 18 megapixel"..

BB has to consider this, we are all here because we care about BB and want to see it continue being a great device it has been, otherwise we would all just say "screw this, I am going to buy xyz instead.."  Others spend millions of dollars to research just to get some feedback from their users, BB's got a brand new system and should be easy fro them to gather feedback quickly. Honestly, what else has BB (as a company) got to worry about at this stage? New products? No! Fix what you released first, and then see your market share grow. With the way BB10 is right now, I would not get a Q10 or Y10 or U10.. whatever they will call other ones.

-accept my apologies for typos if any..

Regular Contributor
My Device: bbz10
My Carrier: fido :(

That's actually a great idea, but a lot of the features people want is what their old blackberries did.

I think they should have some sort of suggestion box and voting process, but it seems the community may vote them back into the dark ages.

Besides the obvious business email support and lack of old features, let's see some outside the box suggestions and help push the company forward.

I'm sure this thread is noticed, but I don't think RIM can compete in the industry modeling things after their old OS. Keep moving forward, change the game and perfect as you do.