Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

EQ for the music player.

I use my phone a lot as a music player and I could instantly tell that the sound from the Z10 wasn't as pleasing to my ears as my Torch 9800.

Regular Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: telkomsel

I forgot to mention earlier. I miss the ability to put a line break in BBM so that we can send longer n more meaningful message in one go. Instead of sending one sentence and send one sentence and send.

In camera mode I wish we have macro mode back again.

Application like Facebook, in older os we can get notifications if we have a birthday/group event and when we click on the notification we have a choice on what to do snooze, dismiss, dismiss all, or go to Facebook just to say happy birthday.

In camera mode, I am hoping that we can focus on a certain object by tapping it in our screen instead of always putting the object in the middle.

Ability to turn off recent update in BBM or any other 'recent items'.
Ability to read chat history from previous device.
Ability to clear a certain contact's history or even delete whole contact's history.
Please let us have a collapsing contact group or anything better for easier access to a certain group of people or sending broadcast message to certain people.

Better power management or worse come worse please let us have extended battery with lots bigger juice. Currently I'm with Z10STL100-2/10.0.10.690 still having trouble to get through evening without looking for a power source.

Thank you
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Hold your finger on the focus box in camera mode and you can drag it to wherever you like.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor
My Device: Passport SE & LG G4
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Xrvxrv wrote:

Hi,

Call recording?

That would be cool.  Not sure if BB would implement that due to security/privacy concerns but maybe a third-party app would.  Would help a lot in dealing with, say gov't agencies or service providers who say one thing and then backtrack out of it later on.

Solutions: 6,421
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Fr3lncr wrote:

Xrvxrv wrote:

Hi,

Call recording?

That would be cool.  Not sure if BB would implement that due to security/privacy concerns but maybe a third-party app would.  Would help a lot in dealing with, say gov't agencies or service providers who say one thing and then backtrack out of it later on.

Call recording has never been implemented in the past due to national and local laws, I don't expect it to be now.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Solutions: 6,421
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Ride_The_Sky wrote:

Joey, like we discussed..

So far, requested by users (some valid, some personal, some wild requests, mostly useful) :

Thanks man! Good work. I will get my initial post in this thread edited and updated with your listing.

Thanks a bunch!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Z10 doesn't allow Due Time on the Remember tasks...
One thing I really miss is being able to put both a Due date and TIME on the Remember tasks. It's a BIG bother to constantly snooze a task in the morning if you really don't need to deal with it until 10:00PM. Could this be added back in -- it was part of my BB 9700 and now it's gone. :-(

One thing I miss is being able to have different "vibrates' for different events. My BB 9700 allowed me to set short/medium/long lengths and one/two/three vibrates. It would be great to get these back on the BB Z10 again.

I'm having trouble putting a follow-up date on an E-mail. I can't get the E-mail connected to a Remember event either. Could a follow-up for E-mails be added via the flag facility like it was on my BB 9700. Also, having just one flag colour (red) isn't enough either -- again, my BB 9700 had multiple flag colours.

I too would like to be able to optionally keep the email on the server -- that's how my BlackBerry 9700 worked and I miss that feature very much.  All we're asking for is a tick box that says Activesync YES or NO.

Bring back the Application Management app that was on my BB 9700. I miss all of the information that it provided by application, e.g. Applications, CPU, Usage, Memory and Application Storage.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 9900 + Z30 (STA 100-5)
My Carrier: AT&T

Hi, I have a due date option if an e-mail is flagged.
You would need to first flag it, then go to remember, then set a due date. You cannot set due date directly from mail app.

The other concerns were already requested above.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: 9900 + Z30 (STA 100-5)
My Carrier: AT&T

Adding one more:

Being able to share files directly from Box or Dropbox by attaching a link to the file. There is no way to share files on the cloud in current system.

Contributor
My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: Telus

ALLOW MORE THAN 16 ICONS PER FOLDER!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, Allow more then 16 icons per folder. I refuse to have more then one screen. So I have my main icons on the main screen and a JUNK folder for the garbage we can't delete, Application folder Media folder and Games folder. All have 16 icons in them and I will not download more apps until I can fit them in one of those 4 folders. You and your app partners are losing money until its fixed. My torched allowed alot more icons!!!!!